The KVR Audio website is moving to a new server - please expect some disruption to services over the next 24-48 hours.

During the final stages of the transition several services will be disabled on the old server, such as new user registrations, KVR Marketplace transactions, developer admin features, forum search, posting in the forum, etc.

Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
confusedmuse
KVRist

76 posts since 26 May, 2013
Since the last few years, nearly any synth sounds great - have nothing special to mention here. Maybe Softube Modular.
But plugins in general - definitely Flux Alchemist. (MB Comp)
It can enhance the overall sound like nothing I've heard before.
Last edited by confusedmuse on Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stvrsz
KVRist

88 posts since 23 May, 2011
] Peter:H [ wrote:Nice guerillia market study thread...So let me name a few more synths which i'd say crazy SH#T too
Tone2 Icarus
VPS Avenger
Parawave Rapid
Seawead Fathom
Synthmaster & SM One
Hrastprogrammer Tranzistow
Reactor
Bitwig Phase 4
Massive
---
If you like you can check out OneSynthChallenge. It's an eye opener. There's people that can blow your mind with each and every synth. I mean we did a month with Noisetar by Nusofting (OSC #103) which is actually only able to produce freaking noizes and in the end it was hilarious what the guys came up with with that synth.
Be creative, let the synth drive you towards something...if it crackles, then make crackles part of your rhythm section.

] Peter:H [

LOL Market Study. I actually did two consecutive OSC entries a few years back and got last place both times. I enjoyed it, but I can't take the pain I guess.
vurt
addled muppet weed

36765 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass
does "shit" not mean the same everywhere?
Elektronisch
KVRAF

2143 posts since 3 Feb, 2010
vurt wrote:does "shit" not mean the same everywhere?

No, it depends on the context and its more of a slang especialy when you are native english speaker, like for example saying "c**t" in Australia doesnt nesceserely mean a bad thing.

In english saying "now thats the shit!" might mean that its something amazing, awesome ect.
stvrsz
KVRist

Here in Ohio, it can have both positive and negative connotations. I was referring to the positive ones - in other words - the sound engine BLEW YOUR MIND with synthetic goodness!
vurt
addled muppet weed

Elektronisch wrote: when you are native english speaker

those guys eh? no wonder the world is messed up.
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

22909 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny
No shit? :hihi:
vurt
addled muppet weed

stvrsz wrote:

Here in Ohio, it can have both positive and negative connotations.

i do hope standing in dog shit or being shat on by a stranger fall under "bad".
vurt
addled muppet weed

to answer the question though, i guess monark almost made me shit my pants. (is that right?)
stvrsz
KVRist

vurt wrote:to answer the question though, i guess monark almost made me shit my pants. (is that right?)

Yes. That is the correct meaning, and thanks once again for pointing out that I am just an idiotic, ethnocentric american;) Way to reinforce stereotypes.
SciFiArtMan
KVRian

1018 posts since 24 May, 2006, from Our Amazing Oasis in Space - USA Section
stvrsz wrote:
SciFiArtMan wrote:
stvrsz wrote:I know he is not particularly loved and respected on KVR, but HGFortune ...

What!? Now you're just trolling!!! I've never heard anything but love and respect for him and his work. I think SynthEdit and its limitations were the only relative discouraging word, I ever heard!

I did a quick search since you decided to label me a "troll" ...I am sorry if I have somehow offended you or anyone on KVR. I only wanted a friendly discussion that was positive and judgement free. It was never my intention to slight KVR or its constituency.

I wasn't calling you a troll, but I felt your attempt at stoking the energy of this thread was entering troll action with the idea that Gunter/HGFortune wasn't loved and appreciated here, because I believe that's far from the truth. I certainly admire his forward-thinking, hard work, and generous nature! I feel he's one of the true heros of the softsynth community, especially in the freeware category. I even bought a few of his masterworks. No apology necessary, but appreciated all the same (IMO).
vurt
addled muppet weed

stvrsz wrote:Yes. That is the correct meaning.

then i thank you and shit in your general direction :)
stvrsz
KVRist

SciFiArtMan wrote:
stvrsz wrote:
SciFiArtMan wrote:
stvrsz wrote:I know he is not particularly loved and respected on KVR, but HGFortune ...

What!? Now you're just trolling!!! I've never heard anything but love and respect for him and his work. I think SynthEdit and its limitations were the only relative discouraging word, I ever heard!

I did a quick search since you decided to label me a "troll" ...I am sorry if I have somehow offended you or anyone on KVR. I only wanted a friendly discussion that was positive and judgement free. It was never my intention to slight KVR or its constituency.

I wasn't calling you a troll, but I felt your attempt at stoking the energy of this thread was entering troll action with the idea that Gunter/HGFortune wasn't loved and appreciated here, because I believe that's far from the truth. I certainly admire his forward-thinking, hard work, and generous nature! I feel he's one of the true heros of the softsynth community, especially in the freeware category. I even bought a few of his masterworks. No apology necessary, but appreciated all the same (IMO).

I LOVE HGF. I have been a part of his Facebook user group since before he died. I emailed him on many occasions and he was a great guy. I bought all of his synths with the exception of Astral Dreamer(he died and I didn't get a chance).Thanks for your comments! Do any of his synths meet the SH#T Factor for you? Arracis Gold got my attention way back in the day.
SciFiArtMan
KVRian

1018 posts since 24 May, 2006, from Our Amazing Oasis in Space - USA Section
Since this thread has turned to shit...

Back in the day I had achieved some minor local celebrity for my pseudo-nibble bass playing. Everywhere I went everyone said I was "The Shit"! After awhile I started to believe of a little of that praise. I mean, it's not like this relative success was handed to me on a platter - I worked extremely hard to achieve whatever I achieved. So maybe I was The Shit!

Then I saw Jeff Berlin playing with the Bruford band on the Tornado tour, and I suddenly realized I wasn't The Shit - Jeff Berlin was The Shit, I was just The Fart.
vurt
addled muppet weed

stvrsz wrote:
SciFiArtMan wrote:
stvrsz wrote:
SciFiArtMan wrote:

I LOVE HGF. I have been a part of his Facebook user group since before he died. I emailed him on many occasions and he was a great guy. I bought all of his synths with the exception of Astral Dreamer(he died and I didn't get a chance).Thanks for your comments! Do any of his synths meet the SH#T Factor for you? Arracis Gold got my attention way back in the day.

hgf did some awesome synths 8)
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments