Trying to install the Spectrasonics updater

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is the new one which includes 2.5.1 of the patch library (some of the presets in 2.5 seem to be buggy, Ive lost Ableton sessions because of them).
Anyway how do you install this updater? It says it does it automatically and did with 2.5 but this one by default installs the STEAM content in C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics. When you change it to the correct STEAM folder it tells you it's the wrong STEAM directory location. Where is the STEAM directory location?

Kinh wrote:This is the new one which includes 2.5.1 of the patch library (some of the presets in 2.5 seem to be buggy, Ive lost Ableton sessions because of them).
Anyway how do you install this updater? It says it does it automatically and did with 2.5 but this one by default installs the STEAM content in C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics. When you change it to the correct STEAM folder it tells you it's the wrong STEAM directory location. Where is the STEAM directory location?
like if it in c: drive don't click on the steam folder cause it will look in that, just click on c: in this example.

also I am updating now and saw this

PLEASE READ
Instructions: • OS X users: Open the Mac folder and run the installer .pkg. • Windows users: Open the Windows folder and run the installer .exe. Please do not move the folders. The installers rely on the folder hierarchy presented in the download to function properly. The installer automatically checks to see if you already have a Spectrasonics folder on your startup drive to determine the location of the STEAM and SAGE folders

but like mine was D:/spectrasonics - it is wherever you put it in when installed it, I put mine on the d: drive
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

The problem I have is it DOESN'T automatically find the correct steam folder when installing, instead : C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics.

Return to “Instruments”