VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote::shrug:
I love that emoticon!
it's all right, Jens!
:hug:

:hug: :-D

Pretty harmonies, whispy vocals, the kind of aetherial pads that only a real Korg Wavestation can deliver. And plenty of silky violins and bell trees. Like THE COCTEAU TWINS or KYLIE.

--

bluedad wrote:I think the original question, was what synth SOUNDS do you like.
I don't know, I like so many..bleeps, blurps, gurgles..
Well let me rephrase that then, I like the Sounds the Korg Legacy with Wavestation, FM7, V Station and absynth2 make.

:wink:

Don't f**king do that! A sig makes a great bookmark so I can see where I was up to in a thread.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Payback for offering the light. :D

Refresh your browser, cocksucker!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

:lol:

When you get bored with that, d'you mind if I hot link to it for a while?

I like grit and noise.

I generally like the texture of the kinds of sounds people get out of circuit bending. But I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate that high-pitched squeaky "CD player skip" sound.

I like mixing in a little (or a lot) of lo-fi pitchshifting or ring modulation or severe sample rate reduction or that lovely JCM900 distortion/reverb.

I like electro drums or 80's lofi drum samples, sometimes compressed and distorted and bitcrushed to hell and back.

I like stereo detuning, but not necessarily the "supersaw" thing.

I like taking a lush string sound and bandpass filtering it. Or vocals through a telephone filter, I don't care if it's getting to be a cliche. :)

I like that "recorded from a cheap TV speaker" sound that so many industrial artists had in their movie samples.

I like dropping samples down several octaves, highpass filtering them and shoving them into a reverb space so they become atmospheric growls and

I like sharp bitey sounds created by PM plucked string algorithms, PD or FM. They're often great fodder for further digital wrecking.

I like Rhodes and pipe organ.

I like the dark brown sounds and the silvery ones, but then as the sig says...
Now with improved MIDI jitter!

You're really loving that, aren't you?

Yeah.

Clickable.

Thanks for the detailed answer below! I don't like the "CD player skip" sound either. Unfortunately, I'm a sucker for the detuned super-saw (not sure why).

foosnark wrote:I like grit and noise.

I generally like the texture of the kinds of sounds people get out of circuit bending. But I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate that high-pitched squeaky "CD player skip" sound.

I like mixing in a little (or a lot) of lo-fi pitchshifting or ring modulation or severe sample rate reduction or that lovely JCM900 distortion/reverb.

I like electro drums or 80's lofi drum samples, sometimes compressed and distorted and bitcrushed to hell and back.

I like stereo detuning, but not necessarily the "supersaw" thing.

I like taking a lush string sound and bandpass filtering it. Or vocals through a telephone filter, I don't care if it's getting to be a cliche. :)

I like that "recorded from a cheap TV speaker" sound that so many industrial artists had in their movie samples.

I like dropping samples down several octaves, highpass filtering them and shoving them into a reverb space so they become atmospheric growls and

I like sharp bitey sounds created by PM plucked string algorithms, PD or FM. They're often great fodder for further digital wrecking.

I like Rhodes and pipe organ.

Return to “Instruments”