Question for Reaktor Session users

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When installing updates, do you delete the older versions?

I'm trying to use Sickle's Neuralis in Tracktion, but, Tracktion only recognizers the older versions of RS, which won't load newer ensembles.

Thanks

No,you don't.
The problem is that Tracktion's looking at the wrong .dll.The default location for Reaktor/RS .dlls is C:/Program Files/Vstplugins,and sometimes the installer will install there even when told not to.

You have two options here;
1)copy the .dlls in your RS folder(or where the proper .dlls installed themselves)to the VST folder Tracktion looks in.Copy them-DO NOT move them.
2)Do a search for the .dlls in question(Sessions.dll,Sessions FX.dll and Sessions 2x8.dll if the last one's part of Sessions-it's a Reaktor option at least)and delete them all.Run the UPDATE again and only install the VST plugin,browsing to your Tracktion folder at the prompt to name your VST folder.
You also may have to rescan your plugin folder...
ew
A spectral heretic...

Cheeso wrote:When installing updates, do you delete the older versions?

I'm trying to use Sickle's Neuralis in Tracktion, but, Tracktion only recognizers the older versions of RS, which won't load newer ensembles.

Thanks
Try using eXT in Tracktion & then load the newer RS into that. That's all I can suggest..kinda wierd Tracktion won't load it :?

If you don't have a registered license for eXT you can still use it as a host for Neuralis easy enough, you just can't save the configuration, which is only a few clicks anyways..

good luck.

Or you can listen to that 'other' tech support guy..

:P

Sicklecell666 wrote:Or you can listen to that 'other' tech support guy..

Thanks,Don :lol:
ew
A spectral heretic...

ew wrote:
Sicklecell666 wrote:Or you can listen to that 'other' tech support guy..

Thanks,Don :lol:
ew
:wink:

Well, I tried a couple of different things, and it still didn't work.

But I just loaded Energyxt in Sonar and went with that...works pretty well, actually.

Sickle, can you do the same with other Reaktor instruments that you did with Neuralis? Maybe the DSQ32 sequencer feeding midi to Battery? Is that possible?

It should..I'd have to look at it, but I don't see why not..

DSQ32?

refresh my memory..

hmm..that might take a little work..

:hihi:

I'll kick around a few ideas & see what happens..

Cheeso wrote:Well, I tried a couple of different things, and it still didn't work.

But I just loaded Energyxt in Sonar and went with that...works pretty well, actually.

Sickle, can you do the same with other Reaktor instruments that you did with Neuralis? Maybe the DSQ32 sequencer feeding midi to Battery? Is that possible?
What things did you try?
Yeah-putting MIDI outs on DSQ-32 is possible.
ew
A spectral heretic...

Return to “Instruments”