absynth 3 update: worth the price?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fair enough, then there might be a future for it on my pc sometime, but I still wish they had not changed the apearance of it in such a degree.

i've had it installed for about 24hrs. now ...

barely scratched the surface ...

is it worth the price to upgrade ?...

in a word ... yes ...

normal wrote:i've had it installed for about 24hrs. now ...

barely scratched the surface ...

is it worth the price to upgrade ?...

in a word ... yes ...
why?

EDIT: OPPS.. :oops: .just got onto this thread and never read the other 3 pages :-)

TC

so ni decided to release a product it knew was full of bugs, but because they mention them in the readme that makes it all ok ? Laughing

picture the scene in ni...

marketing man: "release 3 still has a whole lot of serious bugs, what'll we do ?"

accountant: "we've committed to releasing it. it's in our komplete pack so its gotta ship."

marketing man: "i know, lets just put a readme file in there saying that we know all about the bugs"

accountant: "brilliant ! that'll make people think we give a shit about their problems and make us look thorough."

marketing man: "and we can fix all the bugs whenever we happen to get around to it."

accountant: "he he he, you mean fix them for version 4 and charge the dumb synth addicts another $129 Laughing "

marketing man: "done ! now where are we going for lunch ?"
:hihi: We had such fun reading that...I forwarded it to our marketing guys (I'm one of them) and to the accountants...
I wish you all a lot of fun with Absynth3's new featurs! We are working very hard on the update and even droped the demo version because of that - but no worries we will work on it right after the update is done.
greets,
Daniel (NI)

so what will happen if there are user created Absynth 3 patches in the NI user's banks and an Absynth 2 owner tries to load and run that Absynth 3 bank in Absynth 2?

in the two cases of with and without the new features?

the answer to that will influence my decision (a few days left) to go with Komplete Care.

(i am leaning toward going for it. just add it to the pile of Xmas bills)

wrench45us wrote:so what will happen if there are user created Absynth 3 patches in the NI user's banks and an Absynth 2 owner tries to load and run that Absynth 3 bank in Absynth 2?

in the two cases of with and without the new features?

the answer to that will influence my decision (a few days left) to go with Komplete Care.

(i am leaning toward going for it. just add it to the pile of Xmas bills)

afaik , there are no A3 only banks in the UL yet ...

in an effort to answer your question , i did the following :

open A2 in mini-host ...
attempt to load one of the A3 factory banks into A2 ...
this brings up an error message that 'this bank is not a valid absynth bank' ...

to note:
an A2 bank that has been opened , and saved in A3 , still loads into A2 , contrary to what i was lead to believe ...

normal,
thanks for checking that out.

one of the concern with updates is this feeling of being left behind.

the fact that absynth 3 factory presets won't play in Absynth 2 means Absynth 2 will become a bit of an island -- a very large island, esp. if one can program sounds, but an island.

the creative thrust of (most) sound designers will undoubtedly focus on Absynth 3 and as much as anything I wouldn't want to miss that.

My Komplete Care decision has to weigh this issue.

wrench45us wrote:normal,
thanks for checking that out.

one of the concern with updates is this feeling of being left behind.

the fact that absynth 3 factory presets won't play in Absynth 2 means Absynth 2 will become a bit of an island -- a very large island, esp. if one can program sounds, but an island.

the creative thrust of (most) sound designers will undoubtedly focus on Absynth 3 and as much as anything I wouldn't want to miss that.

My Komplete Care decision has to weigh this issue.
it's not inconceivable that , in time , A2 will be left behind by the user community ...

A2 generated a vast amount of user banks , both in the user library , and from the yahoo group ...

the improved stereo field , and surround options in A3 breathe new life into the existing A2 patches ...

it's really quite stunning ...

This thread has really given me a dilemma. I don't own Absynth, but over the past few weeks I've sold a few synths to raise the cash to buy it.

Then this debate turns up...

I don't know what to do. :help:

it sounds excellent
can make sounds no other synth can make
it's really great to programm
lot's of patches to start from
great effects and filters
I think the cpu usage is good for what it does
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

but what should I do?

:hihi: :wink:

My buddy sure seems to think this new version is the dog's bollocks.
KVR, my adult playground.
Please, call me Brice.

CypherOne wrote:This thread has really given me a dilemma. I don't own Absynth, but over the past few weeks I've sold a few synths to raise the cash to buy it.

Then this debate turns up...

I don't know what to do. :help:
I don't want you to suffer with that dilemma............. so send the money to me. Then you don't have to worry about it anymore :hihi:

CypherOne wrote:but what should I do?

:hihi: :wink:
Get it, of course. I'm still a little on the fence about the new version but even without all the new features it's still an amazing instrument.

normal wrote:an A2 bank that has been opened , and saved in A3 , still loads into A2 , contrary to what i was lead to believe ...
And my results were just the opposite :?
As to the A2/A3 bank problem in the user library,I recommended in the Absynth forum(and I'll recommend it here as well)that anyone uploading banks to the library either put in the bank's name or in the description in the library that the bank is an A3 bank.For example,joe's bank-A3 would be the bank name.
ew
A spectral heretic...

Return to “Instruments”