Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Bass Master from Loopmasters

Heavy, speaker-shaking tones are just a few clicks away with Bass Master. This synth is totally dedicated to bass, and it's built on Loopmasters' award-winning sonic history.

Whether you are making House, Techno, Drum and Bass, Trap, Hip Hop or other electronic music styles, Bass Master's huge variety of source sounds provide the inspiration for a weighty, powerful bass tone.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
jaymurthy
KVRer

3 posts since 1 Jan, 2005

Postby jaymurthy; Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:26 pm steinberg groove agent

hi all
I am a newbie and with a question which might seem very elementary to the experts here.
I am trying to route my outputs from Layla 24/96 thro' carbus (outputs 1-2) as a stereo into a track to record the in-built sequences in Groove agent as an audio onto a new track in tracktion. I could not figure how to achieve this.

If I can record the ouput of the VSTi as midi or audio, I am happy. Is there a way to do it?

My setup:
G4 1.5Ghz 512MB powerbook, layla 24/96 laptop steinberg groove agent with tracktion Mac OS X 10.3.x
Thanks in advance[/i]
Signature blocked until 5 posts made
Lunch Money
KVRAF

13155 posts since 29 Sep, 2003, from Ottawa, Canada

Postby Lunch Money; Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:43 pm

There's a way to do it. I'd have to muck around with workarounds since I don't have Groove Agent, but I'm sure someone else will tell you how to do it more quickly than I could. I suggest asking in the Raw Materials Software forum, since that's where the Tracktioneers hang out. One of them will likely know, though it slows down for a few hours at this time of night so you might have to wait.

Worst case scenario, you physically plug Layla's outputs into her own inputs! If she doesn't have a pre-amp (I don't know Layla), put a mixer in-between.

I'm quite certain there's a way to do it without physically re-routing, though; however, like I said, I don't know it offhand.
Lunch Money
KVRAF

13155 posts since 29 Sep, 2003, from Ottawa, Canada

Postby Lunch Money; Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:44 pm

Try this:

On the track with Groove Agent, make a new MIDI clip that's as many measures as the Groove Agent track that you want. Then render the track to audio (there's a render button down below).

Greg

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments