Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
jaymurthy
KVRer

3 posts since 1 Jan, 2005

Postby jaymurthy; Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:26 pm steinberg groove agent

hi all
I am a newbie and with a question which might seem very elementary to the experts here.
I am trying to route my outputs from Layla 24/96 thro' carbus (outputs 1-2) as a stereo into a track to record the in-built sequences in Groove agent as an audio onto a new track in tracktion. I could not figure how to achieve this.

If I can record the ouput of the VSTi as midi or audio, I am happy. Is there a way to do it?

My setup:
G4 1.5Ghz 512MB powerbook, layla 24/96 laptop steinberg groove agent with tracktion Mac OS X 10.3.x
Thanks in advance[/i]
Signature blocked until 5 posts made
Lunch Money
KVRAF

12977 posts since 29 Sep, 2003, from Ottawa, Canada

Postby Lunch Money; Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:43 pm

There's a way to do it. I'd have to muck around with workarounds since I don't have Groove Agent, but I'm sure someone else will tell you how to do it more quickly than I could. I suggest asking in the Raw Materials Software forum, since that's where the Tracktioneers hang out. One of them will likely know, though it slows down for a few hours at this time of night so you might have to wait.

Worst case scenario, you physically plug Layla's outputs into her own inputs! If she doesn't have a pre-amp (I don't know Layla), put a mixer in-between.

I'm quite certain there's a way to do it without physically re-routing, though; however, like I said, I don't know it offhand.
Lunch Money
KVRAF

12977 posts since 29 Sep, 2003, from Ottawa, Canada

Postby Lunch Money; Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:44 pm

Try this:

On the track with Groove Agent, make a new MIDI clip that's as many measures as the Groove Agent track that you want. Then render the track to audio (there's a render button down below).

Greg

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments