Reaktor Sessions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Especially with the way you build sampler instruments..

Take it to the next level, man..

I think that Carbon had some problems with the free version that appeared on cover disks. Seems to be more stable as a reaktor ensemble.

the Spacemaster reverb is very very nice. I got easyverb recently...spacemaster actually uses less cpu than easyverb. Oh, and it sounds nice too.

Previous reaktor versions sounded kinda samey to me. But the newest version rocks. I think it helps that they got Doctor Sync of SyncModular fame working for them now.

please note:

the demo is at v1.04 , from 10.15.03 ...
you may experience some frustration working with this version ...

sessions is now at v1.13 , and much improved ...

in all fairness , you may find the cpu hit , for some .ens , to be a tad excessive ...

the user library , accessible to registered users , contains , at this time , 1856 .ens for use in the program ...

in addition , there are many third party
.ens available , both free , and commercial ...

as others have stated , reaktor has many outstanding fx available , as well as synths , samplers , and hybrids ...

given your general stylee preferences , you will not find uses for all of these
.ens , but i'd imagine you would get alot of mileage from many of them ...

i'd love to see what you could do with some of the beat .ens ...

the demo . afaik , will only run those .ens included in the demo download ...

normal wrote: the demo . afaik , will only run those .ens included in the demo download ...
Correct, normal, & as such, it does little to display the vast potentials Reaktor has..

This is one case where I would encourage you to take the word of your peers & not your ears..There's simply NO way that the demo library is able to adequately represent the 1,800+ objects in the User Library..

Knowing you, I would say that sooner or later you are gonna be tempted to mess with ensemble structures, especially custom samplers..But Sessions is a great way to get your feet wet, & if you need any modding done, to an extent I can do that for you as well as ew..

A few ensembles DO have a higher CPU, but that's becuase they do mind-bogglingly cool things..

Trust me..get it.

:D

I'll just echo what's been said here,Dave...get it.You won't regret it :)
ew
A spectral heretic...

Notron User wrote:Previous reaktor versions sounded kinda samey to me. But the newest version rocks. I think it helps that they got Doctor Sync of SyncModular fame working for them now.
He's been working for them since before 3 came out-he had a lot of input on 3 as well as 4.
ew
A spectral heretic...

It's the FREAKING BEST.

You could not possibly be disappointed with Reaktor Sessions. No way.

I've had it for a little over a year now and I never get bored of it.

The FX is awesome :shock: ... this is my primary use with it. I just picked up a new awesome FX called Herman Filterbank. I don't know how faithful it is to Sherman Filterbank but it sounds amazing, it just completely destroys your sound. Unregonizable. :evil:

And this other filter called MenaceFilter. 4 filters, 2 comb, and LP and HP. And these filters aren't granny's filters, they mean serious business. Cover your ears.

And the delays! Don't get me started on the delays. There are just too many.

There is a MAJOR problem with it... it's a guilt trip. I don't feel right when I use some of the massive FX that just make a track for me. :hihi:

I've also never used any of the synths/effects it came with except for Steampipe. That ones realy cool. I find it to be bit of a CPU hog, especially with the packaged reverb. I mostly use really complex ensembles though. If I want something simple I'll use Classic effects.

I prefer something from G-Media for analog emulations, but when you want cutting edge futuristic sounds it's Reaktor, no question.
Last edited by nibbzious on Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hi

OK, someone point me to the cheapest UK supplier :hihi:

Kriminal wrote:OK, someone point me to the cheapest UK supplier :hihi:
dunno if you're serious or not, but you should be :wink:

cobalt wrote: I will say that even if you don't want to build stuff, Reaktor is still more flexible than Sessions. Instead of running multiple Reaktor instances as inserts, for instance, you can run all the effects in one window with Reaktor.
You can do that in Sessions as well-just save the instruments separate from the ensembles they're part of.Then,create a new ensemble and add the instruments you want...
ew
A spectral heretic...

CypherOne wrote:
Kriminal wrote:OK, someone point me to the cheapest UK supplier :hihi:
dunno if you're serious or not, but you should be :wink:
I am, im gonna play with the demo till the end of the month, and buy it then. I have an Audiophile soundcard being held for me locally, so with both those, my PC will be boosted considerbly :D :D :D

i'm also eyeing up Sessions too, but one question in regards to upgrading, am I correct in assuming that the electronic instrument add-on packs are fully compatible with sessions? On a technical side-note, what are the vocoding capabilities like, as I do freelance sound-design work i tend to use vocoding a lot to create a number of exotic sounds, I currently use Reasons 512FFT, I take it Reaktor can do some higher resolutions. I have the Carbon demo, and while it was buggy and CPU intensive (well, for my computer at the time, now running a P4 3.0 GHz), it was great fun.

also, how much are the Session users missing out on new synths which use new macros and structures - are Session users able to use synths with macros etc that didn't ship with the original product?

£150 seems to be best UK price from the big boys AFAICS

slainte :| rob

pricer wrote:also, how much are the Session users missing out on new synths which use new macros and structures - are Session users able to use synths with macros etc that didn't ship with the original product?
Sessions will load any ensemble containing any macro that wasn't saved in a newer version of Reaktor then the one the user has on his/her own machine..

But I still need my R3 dongle to load the old R3 stuff I should add..which once saved in R4 format will load okey dokey..

Return to “Instruments”