NIN Starf*ckers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if you could suggest some cool effects, plug-ins, or methods to alter vocal tracks in FL Studio 4.1. I was listening to Nine Inch Nail's track "Starf*ckers" and I was really impressed with the choppiness of the vocal track.

Thanks

:)

The easiest and most direct way would be to use FL's slicer tool and just repeat whatever slice you want in the piano roll.
You could also use the granulizer as well but you'll have to fool around with the parameters.
There are also loads of freebee fx plugs to achieve this effect; my favorite is the SmartElectronix Supatrigga.

That's the best Ministry song Ministry never made..

:hihi:

no, that's the best ministry song ministry wished they had made... :P

origami wrote:no, that's the best ministry song ministry wished they had made... :P
have another crack rock, skipper..

Sicklecell666 wrote:That's the best Ministry song Ministry never made..

...or the best Hanzel und Gretyl song....
And all life's fears
Can invade my ears
I can handle it

SecondSkin wrote:

...or the best Hanzel und Gretyl song....
I disagree, I thought it was one of the more boring tracks on Transmissions.

But does it surpass 'Bad Blood' or any other track off the stellar 'Dark Side of the Spoon' LP? :hihi:

never liked Ministry...

I prefer...

The Young Gods!!

Saw Young Gods live about 10 or so years ago. They played with a bunch of alternative type rock bands and absolutely blew them all off-stage. I was standing near some members of The Hard-Ons and Celibate Rifles who stood around with their jaws around their ankles for most of the set, they just couldn't believe it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

lucky you, Bones!!

I've always thought the Young Gods are an undervalued (?) band. I know they are recording now a new album, and I'm quite eager cos I liked their latest album a lot.

origami wrote:
I prefer...

The Young Gods!!
Same here...

BONES wrote:Saw Young Gods live about 10 or so years ago.
So did i...

If you want that kinda effect, you need a lot of well thought out distortion, and lots of patience in Soundforge :wink:

young gods fans! great! :D

I think Starfuckers is when I decided I no longer had any interst in NIN.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

it is a far cry from the great stuff o nthe Downard Spiral.

Return to “Instruments”