the soundquality of Microtonic :-o

so i wanted to share this test with u

http://www.bollwerk-music.de/mp3/microtonic_test.mp3

Hi,
what is the Microtonic?

way distorted/clipping but I guess it works for this style

very cool stuff :)

maybe add some swirly background stuff and you got a song :hihi:

I have it also, loved it at first, now its not my favorite, lately im into more clean sounding drums to use with tripped out ethnic instruments unless im in an insane kinda mood
Last edited by NPerez on Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VitaminD wrote:way distorted/clipping but I guess it works for this style
i guess u know my style :?:

i just started working on some additional elements - maybe i make a song out of it Image

yes, it sounds very very good.

I would buy this drumsynth in fact if it could also load samples, but...

origami wrote:yes, it sounds very very good.

I would buy this drumsynth in fact if it could also load samples, but...
But it's awfully great at what it does. Why does it have to do something that other VSTs does just fine. Battery, RMIV, Loopazoid...

I think it's great to have a plug that has a niche. It gives me the choice of loading up what I need, instead of draining system resources with "the-über-super-grand-mega-total-percussive-drum-supa-sampler-synthesist-VSTi".

...and it's cheap too!!! :D :D :D The uTOnic that is!
Electronic Rhythm and Melody since 2002

yes yes I mean I guess it's a great drum synth. I was just speaking in my particular case, cos I like synthetic drums but also need a good sampler to play my drum samples, that's all.

If I had the money for both, maybe I'd buy Microtonic cos I tried the demo and it's just great.

for me the Microtonic sounds better than all drum-samples i have and better than all drumsynths i've tested - that's why i bought it

Funny thing, but I've yet to find any use of Microtonic's sounds in my works. And I do produce idm, electro and house after all, so it should be right up my alley, but most of the time µtonic succeeds in killing any mix I throw it at. Just started a microhouse tune last evening with Microtonic to give it another chance, but quite soon I ended up replacing every µTonic sound with samples... :shrug:

visa tapani wrote:but quite soon I ended up replacing every µTonic sound with samples... :shrug:
for me it's just the other way - first try with samples than everything replaced by Microtonic

Return to “Instruments”