Updates: MrRay 2.2 and Effectizer 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,
I wish to inform who is interested that two updates are now available at www.soundfonts.it

MrRay 2.2
- Added: reverb effect
- Added: ping-pong delay option
- Added: Tremolo LFO waveform switchable between triangle and square
- Added: key follow option for the hammer noise
- Added: adjustable velocity response curve
- Added: display tempo divisions when host sync is active
- Added: new presets (room for 32)
- Improved: new phaser and wider chorus
- Fixed: crashes in some hosts caused by the nag screen stopping the host's audio engine
- Fixed: Wah-wah volume was too low
- Fixed: faulty notes when velocity was very low
- Various optimizations, including:
- A new sleep mode which uses almost 0% CPU when idle
- Tines' level and decay are now scaled by velocity and pitch respectively
- New smoother 97 frames knobs
- New nag screen! (shows up for 30 seconds)

http://www.soundfonts.it/?a=read&b=16

Effectizer 1.1
- Complete stereo operation
- Direct (dry) signal level
- Added Amp simulation
- Tremolo LFO waveform selectable, triangle or square
- New Stereo Phaser with adjustable center frequency
- New Stereo Chorus
- New Stereo Delay with separate output levels (Left and Right)
- New Spring Reverb simulation

http://www.soundfonts.it/?a=read&b=15

Thank You All !!
Guido

why double post?... i just edited the first one.. :?: :?:

yay, thank you :D

very good :)
really my most useful vsti
thanks a lot :hail:

you can be proud 8)

thanyou ,very much :)

Thank you! :hail:

The sleep option could lead me to using Mr.Ray :)

Yay! (except for the nag screen)

I don't know if it's just me but there seems to be a lot of clicks when I play the presets on Mr. Ray 2.2. I'm using Chainer as my host.

thx :)
i actually prefer the new nag screen, no more ok clicking :D

maybe i should donate anyway :roll:

Cent' ann' Guido... Mr Ray truly rocks. I can even live with the nag screen... will donate when the dosh is available...

Does anyone know if it works in Logic yet..?

Branst wrote:I don't know if it's just me but there seems to be a lot of clicks when I play the presets on Mr. Ray 2.2. I'm using Chainer as my host.
erm... the clicks problem has not been solved yet.. infact I also wrote it in the manual and on the site:
Known and unresolved bugs:
Changing presets or moving the "symmetry knobs" or changing the pickup type may cause high CPU spikes in some hosts and cause click noises at note-on event. You can override it by holding softly both your arms on the keyboard: you'll hear 24 clicks (one per voice) then you won't hear them any more.
MrRay may not work properly in FL Studio, Emagic Logic and Orion.
Sorry :(

What's worst is that I introduced a little denormalization problem wich occurs when phaser or distortion is on. In both MrRay 2.2 and Effectizer 1.1... Now solved.. So if you see cpu spikes when a note is released or sound is off, please download it again and overwrite the old installation..

My apologies :roll:

(Damn! I forgot to test them on the P4 machine!! :oops: )

Btw, Thank you guys. I hope you enjoy playing with these toys as mush as I do when I go gigging with my band :)

Some of you keep asking me why I stick on these two instruments (Hammond and Rhodes) and don't make a synth or some new sci-fi thingy.. Well... I love both the Hammond and the Rhodes and these are the main instruments I need to play. When I had my studio (in association with some friends) I had the B4 and the LL2... I liked them but... dunno.. they both had something MORE than what I expected.. yes, more and not less. The B4 sounds too.. how can I say.. "synthesized".. no matter what were the settings or the eq I gave it, I always could recognize its own sound.. It has "too much personality" which, imho, is wrong for a cloned instrument. Same thing for LL2.. really nice sound but I didn't like its hardness when hitting the same note twice. That behavior is not real for a Rhodes. I also had a good Rhodes library (don't remember which one... we sold everyting out) but I liked the idea to tweak the sound according to my needs (as LL2 allowed me to do) and a sampled library is just THAT instrument and nothing more. That's why I made OT and MrRay. I think they make a modest simulation of the real instruments, give some flexibility although they don't sound too much "synthy"... at least for me :roll:
Effectizer, instead, came out just because I wanted the same effects used for MrRay to play with the jRhodes3 soundfont (Thank you Learjeff!! :wink: )

Hope you enjoy!
Guido.

In Tracktion, you can make the "clicks" disappear by clicking Disable, then Enable... (at which point the nag screen reappears, but so what? :) )

So it seems MrRay needs his buffers flushed in between sounds... or something.

pethu wrote:In Tracktion, you can make the "clicks" disappear by clicking Disable, then Enable... (at which point the nag screen reappears, but so what? :) )

So it seems MrRay needs his buffers flushed in between sounds... or something.
Yes... it's exactly what I do in eXT too.

MrRay is.. say 35% C++ and 65% Synthedit.. and unfortunately the "buffer" problem is in that 65% Synthedit where I can't put my hands on. :(

Well, anyway... this version is definitely worth the donation, so no more nag screen... I just registered! Doing that refresh in Tracktion is now a matter of half a second, so it's not much of a problem really.

I have searched long and hard for an affordable Rhodes sample set or emulation that corresponded to my "vision" of the proper sound. Nothing (including the previous MrRays) were quite it, but this one's really close enough for jazz! (AND rock.) :D

Keep up the good work!

Return to “Instruments”