Sampling bass loops
0%
Sample playing VSTi (i.e. Trilogy etc.)
17%
Sample playing VSTi (i.e. Trilogy etc.)
17%
VA / FM Synth plugins
39%
Physical Modelling (i.e. VB-1, Plucked String, etc)
5%
Recording your own bass guitar / hiring someone
16%

Total votes: 207

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lunch Money wrote:I don't have Cubase to test it out, but I could have sworn most people said that vb1 was god-awful. ;)
Why would you need Cubase to test VB-1? :?:

I always thought it came with Cubase. My mistake. ;)

Lunch Money wrote:I always thought it came with Cubase. My mistake. ;)
It does but its also a free download on steinberg,s website.
The above "words" are the ramblings of a depraved megalomaniac.Any similarity to normal communication is a hallucination on the part of the reader.Replying to this post will result in your family and posessions becoming the property of funkynuts.

soulata wrote:jeeee, do you need some kind of a permit to use an 8-string? :lol: :lol: :lol:

that's gotta be one monster (sorry, tm, c) of a bass guitar.
my 8 string is setup as pairs of octaves, kind of like a 12 string guitar. so the neck is no wider than the average 4 string. i have seen 8 and 9 string basses though where they are just individual strings, not choruses. those necks look like aircraft carriers.

edit:
here are a couple short tracks that use my 8 string.

dreams.mp3 - only the 8 and a shitload of effects were used. (no other instruments.)

the pants of fury - the heavy, distorted, kerchunking line was played on the 8.

-ugo

ugo wrote:my 8 string is setup as pairs of octaves, kind of like a 12 string guitar. so the neck is no wider than the average 4 string. i have seen 8 and 9 string basses though where they are just individual strings, not choruses. those necks look like aircraft carriers.
And then there's that Hamer 12-string bass that Tom Peterson from Cheap Trick plays (and that I think Jeff Ament from Pearl Jam also played on "Jeremy"), with the tripled 4-string configuration...yowza! :D

Har wrote:And then there's that Hamer 12-string bass that Tom Peterson from Cheap Trick plays (and that I think Jeff Ament from Pearl Jam also played on "Jeremy"), with the tripled 4-string configuration...yowza! :D
i had a dean 12 for a while there. the electronics were kinda cheep but it was lots of fun. i'd like to get one again someday. they make a 10 string now too, which could rock. (though im not into the look of that one.)

warrior makes a 15 string. its insanely expensive but i'd love to try one someday.
http://www.warriorinstruments.com/galle ... /front.jpg

this site has a few pictures of 15 and 18 string basses.

-ugo

I get real bass from my real bass
when I opt for synth bass I usually reach for albino or claw

platinumears wrote:Where's the hardware synth option?..
Yeah... There should be a hardware option. 90% I use hardware for bass - 10% VSTi (various).

Generally, these days, use layering for subs and mid-bass. Personally I tend towards combination of simple waveforms, mono, a splash of reverb above 400Hz and that's it. Drizzled with some yum-yum sauce and truffles.

Teisco 60F or samples of it. didn't vote as there's no hardware option.

19 years. One of the most severe necros I've ever seen.

from father christmas.

I voted for VB-1
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Serum/Phaseplant but I will take a closer look into random from beatsurfing.

chk071 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:20 pm 19 years. One of the most severe necros I've ever seen.
Resurrection happens normally around Easter, so this one is a Christmas wonder.

Return to “Instruments”