Battery Help *begs*

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Im wondering what people do when they want the sanre in their kit to have loads of reverb but not the whole kit. Do you add it in a wav editor and effect the sample itself or do you put it in its own track?

I normaly give it its own track and its a pain in the ass for my Cpu. Battery gives you the option of multiple outputs but its only for physical outputs(harware/soundcard)isnt it?

Someone told me using cubase with battery - you can set the snare to a different output and it comes up in a different channel in the mixer on cubase.

Im sure this is possible in logic, could someone show me how?

It would make my life so much easier and save Cpu

Don't have it before me right now, but I think when you click one of the pads, you can control-click an option in the down right corner of battery and type in the output you want for that pad.

-Edit- Have never tried Logic, though -Edit-
Last edited by snareSpanker on Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snareSpanker

Damie Mckeown wrote: Battery gives you the option of multiple outputs but its only for physical outputs(harware/soundcard)isnt it?
Nope. Its actually for outs within your host. So if your host supports multiple out plug-ins then you can route each sounds (or a group of sounds) to an output so you can process it separetly. It sounds like thats what you need.

EDIT: I just noticed you use Logic, I know its possible to do it, but I'm not sure how. Some logic user will help you out tho. :)

haneramper wrote:Don't have it before me right now, but I think when you click one of the pads, you can control-click an option in the down right corner of battery and type in the output you want for that pad.

-Edit- Have never tried Logic, though -Edit-
Yeah, this I already know. Ive sent a cell to output at 3/4 then I made a audio channel in logic that had the input of 3/4 and output of the obvious 1/2 so I could hear it, but I didnt

Bump

You can set each sample to its own key on the keyboard but also use seperate outputs for each sample.

In the 'cell' area make the low note the same as the high note on both (or all samples, this will also restrict you from stretching samples across the keyboard range) and in the 'map' area make the samples root key whatever key on the keyboard you want to control it. Point them both to the same midi chan but to different outputs.

So C1 could be kick drum, D1 could be a snare, both on the same midi track. But inside battery you have the seperate samples routed to different outputs where you can add fx as you please not affecting the other.

Im not sure if this is the case with battery1, not used it in ages but that works for bat2. Also im not sure how logic sets up outputs as ive never used it, should work the same tho.

eng

Setting up multi outs in Logic is a bit involved. Battery 1 also had multi outs as well. I believe if you do a search on Google for setting up multi outs in Logic, you'll find a webpage with the answer. I know I've seen one with screen shots before.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

Return to “Instruments”