Calling all soft sampler junkies

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so does it (for example) output +6db to the host-mixer? kontakt and battery 2 for example can't do this.

it does.. :)

boh! that all sounds really good.

rugge78 wrote:Ok but does it support AKAI format?
I would die for a free plugin Sampler that supports akai formats. On hollowsun there are tons of free samples waiting for us! :help:
Yes it does! Those HollowSun programs and samples load straight in.

I have to say, for me, ShortCircuit is the sampler of my dreams :love:

Let's get one thing straight though. It is not trying to compete with GigaStudio, or Halion, or any of the large format streaming samplers.

Instead this sampler concentrates on creative sample manipulation. So, if you are a fan of sample mangling, then this sampler is well worth checking out. The filters are amongsth the best I've heard (the latest update even includes an Emu Z-Plane type filter), and the modulation options are staggering.

I also have to agree about the GUI. Its nice to have everything logically and simply laid out. Its a breeze to use.

Claes is also up there amongst the other amazingly responsive devs like Jorgen, Jon from COFX and others.

My copy of Kontakt is now redundant (and up for sale :D)

As this is a Free Sampler thread, has anyone seen this..?

http://www.kotkasuniverse.com/paax_index.htm

It only loads .wav files though, but that shouldn't be too much of a hardship for people here.

andywanders wrote:As this is a Free Sampler thread, has anyone seen this..?

http://www.kotkasuniverse.com/paax_index.htm

It only loads .wav files though, but that shouldn't be too much of a hardship for people here.
Thanks for posting that. I'll check it out tonight.

I'll stick to my Emulator X :hihi:

rugge78 wrote:I would die for a free plugin Sampler that supports akai formats.
Not that I want you to die… :( …but check out this: http://www.rgcaudio.com/downloads/freeware/Akp2Sfz.zip

…a little known freeware app that converts AKAI format files into an .sfz file that can be played in rgc's freeware player!

Short Circuit looks nice, BTW. I love the name… “Johnny 5 is alive!”

ShortCircuit is one of the best sounding samplers I have heard.

I just love this thing. LOVE it! I am so f**king broke right now, but I would buy this if I wasn't. Even the free version has me jumping for joy. I have been using it in every thing I work on. And I hope they keep the GUI the same. It is really easy to use and very clear.
Just had to chime in because I love it.

Also, Paax is really a nice piece of work. The developer should be encouraged to keep working on it, I think it's great.
But ShortCircuit just kicks ASS! :D
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

I tried Shortcircuit just yesterday and I must say I like it a lot. The filters are just great and the gui simple BUT I prefer a simple gui and low cpu usage than the other way round.

very good.

(just a problem: when I modify the values of the parameters (for example, the resonator parameter in a filter) they always go up, never down. it seems silly but that happens to me, no matter if I move the mouse upwards or downwards) ideas?

resonance has only positive values.

it's weird to drag the mouse horizontally instead of vertically. would be nice to make it vertically like in all (or most) vst-instruments.

and root-notes of adobe audition samples are not recognized!
Last edited by Dandruff on Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stupid me then it must be so. I just tried it yesterday and oh well, hang me!

thanks!

Another vote for Short Circuit.

I haven't gotten around to buying the full version yet, though. :(

I freaking LOVE this thing.

I like how it makes sampling fast, fun, and easy again. Kind of like Ableton's Simpler and Impulse. It's a freaking breeze to load samples in. I like the interface. It's all right there. Everything I need. This is not Kontakt... I hate Kontakt. Could there really be a worse GUI in existence? Especially when I can never get mousewheel to work correctly inside of VST's?

The filters and modulation and speed of setting up patches just brings a whole lot back to the art of sampling. One can easily turn some sample into a atmospheric bed for their track. Or fill in the holes in your track for a fuller sound. The subtle stuff. And it doesn't it take an eternity like it feels like it does in pretty much every other soft sampler out there.

I dunno... I just love where we're heading now. We're heading down the path of usability now. Not just more LFO's ( although I do love those LFO's). Native Instruments really needs to catch up though... Can't stand anything about Reaktor's UI...
hi

hey...does it load soundfonts?????

origami wrote:hey...does it load soundfonts?????
yep

Return to “Instruments”