ARP 2600 VSTi's

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I downloaded the Arturia ARP demo, and, while it way very cool sounding, it is too expensive. Could anyone recommend any freeware / shareware synths that are similar to the ARP 2600? I really like making weird noises with it, as well as the general fatness of all the sounds. thanks

there is an emulation in reaktor user library.

I don't want to buy reaktor though.

dczx wrote:I don't want to buy reaktor though.
it's worth it, though!

Good instruments cost, unfortunately...
And here you're asking about one of the pieces that made the history of synthesizer. It means a lot of work behind this emulation. And the final result proves it!
Listen to me, save money to get something important, you won't regret it.
Don't get fooled by freeware or very cheap stuff if you want to get "THAT" sound...
Apple Powermac G5 2.0 DUAL, 2GB RAM, RME MULTIFACE PCI, LOGIC PRO 7, UAD-1

bluedad wrote:
it's worth it, though!
Reaktor Sessions lets you use all the user library stuff, and even modify it (I understand, although I have not tried that). While Sessions isn't *really* cheap, it would probably be the best money you have ever spent, just based on sound quality and diversity of instruments and effects that are available, with more coming all the time. Not many people realize that Reaktor is a killer FX machine....

So, for the price, you can get one plug, or you can get 100 (with Sessions).

Others can back me up on this.....

Green Red Brownell wrote:
bluedad wrote:
it's worth it, though!
Reaktor Sessions lets you use all the user library stuff, and even modify it (I understand, although I have not tried that). While Sessions isn't *really* cheap, it would probably be the best money you have ever spent, just based on sound quality and diversity of instruments and effects that are available, with more coming all the time. Not many people realize that Reaktor is a killer FX machine....

So, for the price, you can get one plug, or you can get 100 (with Sessions).

Others can back me up on this.....
I keep forgetting about 'sessions', it wasn't out when I bought reaktor.
but I'll back you up regarding the fx. I love all the synths, but the fx are very often overlooked.

I do back you up.
I bought Reaktor Session about 2 months ago. Not only I don't regret it, it's the best.

By paying a bit more than 200 euros you get...

a) amazing emulations of vintage synths (oberheims, moogs, juno, korg ms-20, prophet, wavestation...)

b) amazing 100% original synths for more experimental purposes(kaleidon, icepad, 3x, hegel...)

c) amazing effects, from granular effects to really deep reverbs...

for once quality and quantity goes by the hand...

Well this isn't freeware or shareware, but don't forget that Timewarp has their 2600 coming out, and a lot of people, myself included, were quite impressed with how well the TW2600 held up against an original in their more extreme settings. My advise: start saving now, and give it a go when the demo's released.
I'm sorry this post wasn't about techno.

I was almost gonna wait for the Timewarp Arp2600 but just ordered the Arturia for three reasons: 1) The Timewarp does not have the sequencer and I absolutely love the 2600V Just for the seq presets! 2) There are already 400 presets in the Arturia and most rule. 3) VSTi for the Timewarp? I'll be retired before we see that. But, if it's that much better, I probably will get it as well as long as it's under $300. Maybe I can sequence it from the Arturia :lol: BTW, I got the Arp2600 from Audiomidi.com for $220 US w/ free shipping.

I also have Reaktor and could get nary a nice sounding squeek out of the 2600 library ensemble. However, Reaktor is the most important VSTi I have and would be my only purchase if I could get just one.

Dan
Electronic Mayhem: http://www.rewiremusic.com

dczx wrote:I downloaded the Arturia ARP demo, and, while it way very cool sounding, it is too expensive. Could anyone recommend any freeware / shareware synths that are similar to the ARP 2600? I really like making weird noises with it, as well as the general fatness of all the sounds. thanks
:hihi:

Where are all the "we have already enougth analog emulations" and the "you can get everything as freeware instruments today" guys?

In fact you will not be able to find a free VA synth with that pressure, fattness and versatility in the sound generation plus the entire feature set of the ARP emulation.

You probably will not even find an other commercial VA synthesizer plugin, which can compare to the ARP2600 V (except the Moog Modular V 2 by the same manufacturer).

Either minimize your claims to sound quality or collect the money. Else you will get extremely unsatisfied. :wink:

Richard Brooks delivers again- free Arp 2600 made with the can't-believe-it's-not-analog custom oscillators he used in his EMS emulations: http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/syn ... rp2600.htm

setAI wrote:Richard Brooks delivers again- free Arp 2600 made with the can't-believe-it's-not-analog custom oscillators he used in his EMS emulations: http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/syn ... rp2600.htm
nice one ... thanks for the hookup :D

I downloaded SynthEdit, since I didn't see a VSTi of the ARP 2600 on that page, and now I'm not sure where I'm supposed to extract the ARP 2600 data files. It can't find the skin if I just put it in its own directory... could someone help me out? Thanks.

Never mind... I got it working. This free ARP 2600 made in synthedit just doesn't compare to the ARP 2600V at all, unless the patches are just really bad. Thanks anyway.

Return to “Instruments”