What's missing at $29 - $49 VST's ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

shamann wrote:Isn't that what the SKnote KVR synth will be?
Hmmmm maybe but if this thing had audio in's and could double as an effects device ie; audio in pre waveshapers ,envelopes ,filters ,modulators ,bit reducers etc etc also it would kill two birds with one stone (so to speak) and provide some rather unigue effect shaping devices in the process.
Links to other media sites and contact details are available at the bottom of my artists website.

http://venndiagram.ca

FaX wrote:Hmmmm maybe but if this thing had audio in's and could double as an effects device
True. That was actually one of the only feature suggestions I made for the KVR synth. Too bad it didn't get picked up.

Someone should make a C64 SID softsynth that is cheaper than ReFX's QuadraSID and also with improvements such as a more managable GUI.

I wouldn't mind seeing a MicroKorg emulation. Something cheap + dirty that you can dial up and play, with a pair of audio ins for vocoder duties.

People would be scrambling to get in line for a budget-friendly Autotune-like VST. If it had an "edit" mode, it'd go for even more than $49, as long as it was still considered "budget-friendly". I'd pay $100 US for a plug-in that can do what Autotune does. ;) I can't pay $400 for one, though. <grin>

For that price, you wouldn't even have to play catch-up and make it super-awesomely-great-and-perfect like Autotune 4. We'd all settle for Autotune 3. ;)

Greg

shamann wrote:
FaX wrote:Hmmmm maybe but if this thing had audio in's and could double as an effects device
True. That was actually one of the only feature suggestions I made for the KVR synth. Too bad it didn't get picked up.
@Shamann: Ehi, your suggestion HAS been picked up! There are live inputs! You'll see in next sound example.

Live inputs are too useful to overlook them! :D

quintosardo wrote:@Shamann: Ehi, your suggestion HAS been picked up! There are live inputs! You'll see in next sound example.

:party:

Glad to hear it.

quintosardo wrote:
shamann wrote:
@Shamann: Ehi, your suggestion HAS been picked up! There are live inputs! You'll see in next sound example.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :love: Quintosardo U rock baby :wink:
Links to other media sites and contact details are available at the bottom of my artists website.

http://venndiagram.ca

FaX wrote:
How about a decent realtime granular synthesiser !!!!
I agree Scam for a VSTi this would be rather unique and very much needed / used by alot of people.
AOL.

I've been using the KTGranulator effect, love what it does, and I'd gladly pay for a synth based on granular synthesis.

Btw, I'm guessing you're a windows-based developer; please get in touch with apulsoft immediately for the Mac port.

V.

dczx wrote:Someone should make a C64 SID softsynth that is cheaper than ReFX's QuadraSID and also with improvements such as a more managable GUI.
There is already a really good GPL'd sid emulator (ReSID) which would be perfect for this.
Unfortunately Steinberg's(Yamaha?) VST sdk is not released under a GPL compatible license so, no go. :(

/Daniel

FaX wrote:
scam_artist wrote:
FaX wrote: How about a decent realtime granular synthesiser !!!!
Think Maelstrom but with custom graintables :D .
That would be a damn good plugin to have - and there's not much like it outside of Reason (Maelstrom) as far as I know, especially inside the price range you mention. Or can anyone show me otherwise? :)
I agree Scam for a VSTi this would be rather unique and very much needed / used by alot of people.
I don't really know of a single VSTi I could compare to Maelstrom (and Maelstrom IS NOT a VSTi) and it doesn't allow for custom graintables for starters so this would be TRULY unique.
According to the Props' its a lengthy process and very convoluted in creating wavetables for the Malstrom. I don't think we'll ever see custom waveforms in it.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

I really like this thread... After playing with the Vokator-demo (too expensive for me as I had bought one NI vst in 2004) I always wanted something that you could play guitar into (sounds weird in Vokator) or bass or sing... Now Quinto will have it, yippie!!!!, and others would be HIGHLY welcome too...
I think your idea that there are not many synths for SINGLE sounds which sound good is also quite right. And Autotune for not so much money would even get me singing, I wouldn't even have dreamt of that before Lunchmoney wrote about it, so there are loads of ideas :-).
That an already saturated market isn't ALWAYS a reason not to try your own way may be shown with ej, which is a FM-synth with very fine sounds for the price in my opinion... But surely you'd want to build something new.
What I like, by the way, another maybe saturated area, are "strange" samplers like Morpheus from Cockaigne, with some funny or weird features not commonly found. You can then load your own samples into it and have much fun. And there are not toooo many affordable reaaaally weird synths like Doppelmangler around?

Ah, I see, KVR made me a synth-maniac :hihi:

Lunch Money wrote:People would be scrambling to get in line for a budget-friendly Autotune-like VST. If it had an "edit" mode, it'd go for even more than $49, as long as it was still considered "budget-friendly". I'd pay $100 US for a plug-in that can do what Autotune does. ;) I can't pay $400 for one, though. <grin>

For that price, you wouldn't even have to play catch-up and make it super-awesomely-great-and-perfect like Autotune 4. We'd all settle for Autotune 3. ;)

Greg
Isn't there already a DX plugin that is similar to Autotune? In fact, I think it might use the same engine but has a very limited GUI. I can't think of the name right now, but I'm sure it does exist.

-s
A suffusion of yellow...

Yes, the Oberheim plug-in was the Autotune engine. It's no longer available, and had no edit mode. Also, it was DX-only.

Greg

Return to “Instruments”