Anything better than StepChild?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use it because I went from FL to Tracktion. And you know FL has a step sequencer 1st and a piano roll second. So it's more of a comfort thing, it helps me when i want quantized drums.

Fair enough. :D I admit that I get a different "vibe" and different productivity when using Stepchild, so I can definitely understand the need and/or desire for a step-sequencer. I was merely pointing out that locking the grid doesn't really add new functionality that I'm aware of, and won't really negate the need/desire for a step-sequencer. :D

Greg

Hey Apparition...

Rozzer has a free step sequencer called Step Machin'
http://www.rozzer.net/plugins.html

and Dunk of has a step sequencer too in his midi plugin pack.
http://dunk.smartelectronix.com/

those are the free alternatives that I know of... so you can give those a go! :D

regarding T2... I think beno said the note lengths are independent of the grid size.. not that the grid is lockable. Personally, I love this idea... Using the quantize to accomplish the same goal is kinda wonky.. especially if you turn the quantize off and see your notes shift around to their original position. I'd have agree that it'll make programming drums in the new piano roll a sinch... and it'll be nice to be able to zoom in, and create notes that are fixed length but fall on different portions of the grid. :D
ModuLR / Radio

Step Machin' looks great; thanks for pointing it out!

Last edited by M'Snah on Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the links ModuLR
Found a couple of thing I was lokking for like the crossmixer and Vectormixer on Rozzer

I wouldn't reccomend using the step sequencer in DR-008. It doesn't work very well in Tracktion; at least not on my PC. I experience some synching issues here and there.

As for the lockable grid, I find this feature to be extremely useful. I keep resizing the grid by accident when attempting to scroll up or down an octave. Also, it would be nice to be able to zoom in and out to a set step length.

It looks like T2 will take care of all of this.

Return to “Instruments”