Stylus RMX and REX files

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Being the gear-head that I am, I started thinking about getting Stylus RMX today, since I saw a demo of the Chaos feature at Guitar Center (they had a machine with all the demo videos).

Seeing Chaos in-action, I thought to myself, "this is INCREDIBLE! I can breathe life into all my old REX loops".

But then it occurred to me that almost every single one of the REX loops I have is inside of a Reason Refill. ...And that probably means inaccessible to Stylus RMX.

ARG!!!!!!!

I don't think I'll get it now; I'm sure it's a great tool, but I was really hoping to use it on my existing REX collection.

Does anyone know if I'm wrong, and that RMX would be able to read REX files from within a Refill? (wishfull thinking on my part)

-Ido

Nope, I'm sure it can't.. Spectrasonics would have to pay major $ to the props for refill code I'm guessing. Too bad, cause there are alot of nice rex files inside refills.

:(

that's why you should buy refills that have the rex files also outside ...

anyway that's the way we do it ;)

cheers

idobs wrote:But then it occurred to me that almost every single one of the REX loops I have is inside of a Reason Refill. ...And that probably means inaccessible to Stylus RMX.

Does anyone know if I'm wrong, and that RMX would be able to read REX files from within a Refill? (wishfull thinking on my part)
Your intuition is quite correct, which is why I've been Recycling like mad lately.

In fact, I've put up a free taste of loops (25 of them) in Refill, zipped rx2 and zipped wave formats on my site. I also have another set of 100 for sale for US$10, or US$15 for the waves. There's also an mp3 sample if you just want to listen first.

Lotsa work but also tons of fun bringing pitched material into RMX.

Cheers!
Image Image

here is a link to lots of rex loops:

http://www.reasonstation.net/refills/br ... ldtype=all

;)

Quite a few Refill packages come with REX files also. Many of the companies that provide packages in separate refill and rex packages would probably work out a cross-grade deal for you to get the rex versions in addition.

It would be worth contacting them about it at least.

:)

spectrum

I just wish there was Acid file support. I have a lot of Refills, but I have many, many more Acid loop CD's. Sonar allows me to paint in parts with Acid loops directly. It would be nice if I could then pull the same loop into Stylus and change it up.

Robert
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

Return to “Instruments”