Anyone using AAS "Ultra Analog"?? How does it comp

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

db wrote: Gotta agree with all you said. If I was just starting to buy vsti's, it might look more attractive.

And besides, they said that Tassman will get the filters and oscs in a future update (T5?). Since I have T4, I can wait! :wink:
I think the real "problem" with UA is that it doesn't try to capture the sound of any particular real world analog synth and can sound a little vanilla. It does a lot of sounds really well though and just generally sounds good. It's grown on me a lot since I started using it.

I like the simplified & quick UI a lot better than T4, so for me it's worth it to have both. That's largely true only because I really dislike T4's gui though.

kuniklo wrote:
db wrote: Gotta agree with all you said. If I was just starting to buy vsti's, it might look more attractive.

And besides, they said that Tassman will get the filters and oscs in a future update (T5?). Since I have T4, I can wait! :wink:
I think the real "problem" with UA is that it doesn't try to capture the sound of any particular real world analog synth and can sound a little vanilla. It does a lot of sounds really well though and just generally sounds good. It's grown on me a lot since I started using it.

I like the simplified & quick UI a lot better than T4, so for me it's worth it to have both. That's largely true only because I really dislike T4's gui though.
That echos much thoughts a lot too. I can get Tassman or UA for the same price. UA is a much better gui and is a lot better on the cpu. But it's kind of expensive.

UA doesn't have quite the character as impOSCar or cs-80v as far as I can tell. But maybe it's more diverse than these synths as well? I would get if if I had the spare money. Heck I would get impOSCar too.

Hmmm, interesting, I see a lot of people saying

impOSCar = Character
and
UA = great sound but generic

I agree, but I happen to think the advantage, in the long run, goes to UA on this.

I fell in love with impOSCar when I first demod it, and in truth, if it had been a downloadable purchase I would probably own it now. However, over time I found the impOSCar sound almost too distinctive, i.e. it sticks out. That, to me, is a potential problem. You can always pick out the impOSCar sound.

UA, on the other hand, does sound very good but it also does not have a distinctive sound. It blends well in a track and whether the patch is subtle, sublime or devastating it doesn't announce itself as Ultra Analog. I like that!
Image Image

tdm71 wrote:I was looking at AAS Ultra Analog cause as an educator I can get it for less than a $100. However, I do not here much buzz or talk about it at all. Anyone using it or like it?

Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!!!

THANKS
Why not just download Synth1 or Asynth for everyone?

Seems like good learning synths to me.

Return to “Instruments”