Sonik Synth2 - is this thing for real?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been listening to some sound clips and this things sounds vibrant and alive.

What are the negatives and positives? Thanks.

There are several LONG threads on it here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9

Wow what an amazing amount of useless info in those threads, lol! Talk about wading through horse shit to find anything useful.

I mwondering if you can use the effectsin Sonik Synth as seperate VST effects. That would make it a must have IMHO.

There's a pony somehwere in that pile of shit! :lol:

Montana wrote:I mwondering if you can use the effectsin Sonik Synth as seperate VST effects. That would make it a must have IMHO.
No you cannot do that. SS2's strength, IMO, is in sound sculpting workstation style and the variety of quality songs. Using the full version of ST2 makes things even more powerful.

Montana wrote:Wow what an amazing amount of useless info in those threads, lol! Talk about wading through horse shit to find anything useful.
If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them. If you just want a general overview, you'll have to read the opinions in the threads. :?

Forever,

Kim.

Montana wrote:I mwondering if you can use the effectsin Sonik Synth as seperate VST effects. That would make it a must have IMHO.
You can, but you have to buy Amplitube and T-RackS, and you still wouldn't have everything. :hihi: Seriously though, Progfusion74 is correct. The effects in Sonik Synth 2 are only available for processing the included sounds. Fortunately there's such a variety that you should be able to find almost anything you need in Sonik Synth 2.

If you get SampleTank2, you have the same synth engine (including effects), but with the added capability of importing your own samples (it's a little fiddly though) to be processed by the filters and effects. SampleTank2 makes a good companion to Sonik Synth 2 as well, because the included sounds gives you more (and different{) colours, and the complete Sonik Synth 2 sound set is accessible natively from the SampleTank2 plugin. Just remember that Sonik Synth 2 comes with more sounds, and personally I like them much better than the sounds in SampleTank2.

Forever,

Kim.

Well, there is always the possibility of applying VST's in the FX bins of your host, and using separate audio outs. For whatever limitations you may find, (and there aren't many) it's still a killer setup. Sampletank/Sonik Synth has instantly become my "go to" sound source. It's definately for real, but it hard to believe! I recommend it wholeheartedly.

Return to “Instruments”