Liquid Instruments Series: your music or theirs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's kind of strange that people were all excited about at least the idea or technology of the Synful stuff, and then here you have something that's fills much the some purpose, but most of the reaction is "oh no, pre-recorded phrases".

Anyway, I don't know if I'll buy any of this stuff as there are too many other things on the wishlist. But I have to say putting Melodyne in a box with a bunch of samples, which presumably have all the grunt work done on them so you don't have to fiddle with or hand edit the pitch and rhythm detection, is a great idea.

XDVarenkor wrote:
REAL musos just get a real sax (or whatever) and learn to deal with it.
no, real musos hire a sax player (or whatever) to do the session.

[quote="bluedad]no, real musos hire a sax player (or whatever) to do the session.[/quote]

What does that make the sax player? Not a real muso? You're right in suggesting that someone with a professional approach who wants the right results will know when to admit their skills end and they need to employ someone else's - but a lot of these instruments aren't that hard really. Most of the people on this thread would already have either keyboard or guitar skills, right? Learning any other instrument is only different in your mind </yoda> :wink:

There is a difference between a composer, an arranger and a musician. Or maybe I should say there is a difference between composition, arrangement, and playing. Most everyone is a combination of the three, but strong points vary. Using piano roll and Acid loops within Sonar does not make one a good musician. But you can be good at composition and arrangements and really make good use of Sonar.

A musician does not site read Beatoven and claim it as his own work. A composer should not create a song from only Acid loops and claim to have played it. And really, why should anyone need to make that claim? If you are good at something, that's enough to be proud of.

Robert
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

XDVarenkor wrote:[quote="bluedad]no, real musos hire a sax player (or whatever) to do the session.
What does that make the sax player? Not a real muso? [/quote]
maybe I left something out in the translation, but I think you got the meaning. A real pro guitar player will know he ain't got the chops to pull off the sax part, so he will hire another pro muso (a sax player) to do that.

Return to “Instruments”