Why don’t more developers offer ... ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

According to NI, the amount of individual outs will be user defineable again in the next Battery update.

But anyways, I think this should be a thing the host should be handling. The amount of outputs seems to be a global setting for most multiout plugins, so you may keep it rather high, just in case you'll need them one day...

From what I can see, no host does it as well as Logic. Open Battery = fine, one single mixer channel.
In case I need some extra outs I route them in Battery and just select the appropriate channel as an input of an aux object.
Now, do the same in Cubaee - WHOOPS, there's your 32 new mixer channels, even on an empty patch.
Yes, you can make them "hideable" - but you need to do this each time. Then, when you want more outs, you need to "unhide" EVERYTHING (which will become an incredible mess in case you're using more multiout instruments), scroll like a madman to find the individual out you'd like to add, switch of the "hideable" status and hide all the others again.
No matter how mildly I try to put it, this just incredibly sucks - it can't be any worse.

From what I know it's not that much different in other hosts either...
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Sascha Franck wrote:According to NI, the amount of individual outs will be user defineable again in the next Battery update.
It's in Battery 2.1, along with DFD. A multiple output plugin without the option to configure the number of outputs is definitely a Bad Thing, and NI got a lot of pepper for this on their forum.

Another fine example of a premature release.
When I was younger I used to be in doubt. These days I'm not so sure.

Return to “Instruments”