AAS announced String Studio Synthesiser

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reported in Patch Arena

Shouldn't they be upgrading Tassman to do this?

Robert
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

Ah AAS - with the motto - all our products at ripoff prices.

:hihi:

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Caleb wrote:Ah AAS - with the motto - all our products at ripoff prices.

:hihi:

Caleb

What a load of old Cobblers Caleb.

In Australia TASSMAN 4.0 is cheaper than Reaktor Session by some $95 and 3 times Cheaper than Reaktor .... infact it cost's around $200 less than ABSYNTH 3 .

I don't know what prices are like where you exist but Tassman is looking promising as a new purchase in around 6 months time .
Links to other media sites and contact details are available at the bottom of my artists website.

http://venndiagram.ca

I was wondering if that would get a reaction. Was being facetious really.

You probably wouldn't want to read what I think about the prices of NI Products. :hihi:

So that comparison itself doesn't mean much to me.

In all fairness, TASSMAN itself seems like a pretty nice instrument for physical modelling and there probably isn't a great deal sitting around in the VST plugin realm at that price that can do what TASSMAN does as well as TASSMAN does it.

Although I still think the price of this string thing seems a bit inflated. If it replaces and improves upon an expensive string library though it'd probably be worth it I guess.

We'll have to see.

Caleb

KVR - where whiners find a reason to complain if a plugin is free...
Houston Haynes

HHaynes wrote:KVR - where whiners find a reason to complain if a plugin is free...
That's an even more pointless post than my one. I'm always outdone it's not fair. :cry:

Caleb

HHaynes wrote:KVR - where whiners find a reason to complain if a plugin is free...
:lol:

Caleb wrote:I was wondering if that would get a reaction. Was being facetious really.

You probably wouldn't want to read what I think about the prices of NI Products. :hihi:

So that comparison itself doesn't mean much to me.

In all fairness, TASSMAN itself seems like a pretty nice instrument for physical modelling and there probably isn't a great deal sitting around in the VST plugin realm at that price that can do what TASSMAN does as well as TASSMAN does it.

Although I still think the price of this string thing seems a bit inflated. If it replaces and improves upon an expensive string library though it'd probably be worth it I guess.

We'll have to see.

Caleb
Actually if you used the "All our Products at RipOff Prices" moto for NI you wouldn't have heard a peep out of me :hyper:
Links to other media sites and contact details are available at the bottom of my artists website.

http://venndiagram.ca

Rabid wrote:Shouldn't they be upgrading Tassman to do this?

Robert
Instead of improving Tassman, it looks like
they are milking it for all it's worth with spin offs. Wonder if this one will be as mediocre as UA? The filters in UA sound great, but they should have been in Tassman 5 to improve the sounds of its analog synths.

Sure would be nice to see something more innovative from AAS!
:?

While I don't pretend to speak for others, it's not the price I object to; it's the mediocre feature set for the price. The filters are nice, but they are supposed to be going into a T5 upgrade anyway. (Whenever that happens!) So why bother, I already own
T4.
Last edited by Improv on Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVR-where meta-whiners don't need a reason to complain when people freely express opinions! :roll:

This does seem aimed at those of us with Sculpture envy

but perhaps this should be part of Tassman as its a development of their PM technology and Tassman is supposed to be their cutting edge PM tool.

sounds like a good alternative to sculpture and evd6. I reckon AAS are marketing this at those with extreme lust for logic only instruments.

I'm still a little put off at the lack of a user upgrade price for UA. I got Tassman 4 as a $200 upgrade through Sonar 1, and Lounge Lizard through a user crossgrade. They have no discount at all for UA. I agree that UA seems like it should have been a Tassman upgrade. I wonder if this new one will be the same. Having grumbled a bit, they really do make great sounding products.

Return to “Instruments”