Kontakt 2.0 announced!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HI

Bring this Mother F..... on - I want to feed it to my dual Xeon.

Flipper.

Ixox wrote:Is this the most expensive VSTi of the world ? :-o
499 Euros and 149 Euros for 1.x user... :roll:
yeah :lol: $579 USD :lol: oh wow..

Not to mention that street price is cheaper...
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

KSP

Wow. I guess I can use "native instruments" and "innovative" in the same sentence now. Just yesterday I saw the picture of a man cutting his penis in half. Now I've seen everything.

Except for the release of the Minimonster. But come on now, that's just unrealistic... :roll:
hi

cptgone wrote: But I'm glad Kontakt2 is coming. I'd like to start using it as my sampler instead of Halion (got Halion before Kontakt was announced :()
I was kind of freaked out by Kontakt at first but am really starting to like it quite a bit. So much so that Halion has been pretty much retired and probably won't be upgraded.

Gigastudio was retired a while ago for me.

I also like that all of the East West type libraries can be opened and tweaked and mixed and matched in Kontakt.

so given the cpu efficiency of Kotakt and NI synth sin general, what's the odds that the convolution reverb will be real-time and efficient?

i'm thinking it will all be there and wrapped with a bow.
maybe i'll get some use out of my Spirit Canyon CD yet.

edit
Last edited by Alfalfa on Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

STABILITY.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

wrench45us wrote:so given the cpu efficiency of Kotakt and NI synth sin general, what's the odds that the convolution reverb will be real-time and efficient?
I was thinking the same thing.Since I already have convolution that feature is meaningless to me anyway,so is surround.Scripting will just complicate my life even more and the GUI looks like Kompakt(ughh)meets Absynth 2(more ughh).The EMU import seems promising but Iv'e outgrown all my old disks anyway.I guess I'm the only one here not excited by this update.I'm actually hoping they'll leave FM7 alone this time.
"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstein

Alan wrote:I guess I'm the only one here not excited by this update.I'm actually hoping they'll leave FM7 alone this time.
I'm not hugely excited either because this means that kontakt 1.x's annoying bugs will never be addressed and I'm not sure I want to get caught in this upgrade cycle just to get fixes on products I already spent money on...

Ah, who am I trying to kid? I use kontakt all the time, bugs notwithstanding. I'll be on this like a horny dog...

more infos and (better) screenshots @
http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?kontakt2_us

greetZ ANdreas

For the lazy ones:

New and compact bank module allowing quick loading, playing and editing of up to 128 sample instruments. Instruments can be switched via Program Change.

Surround sound:

KSP:

Impulse Responses:

Browser:

Loop editor:

Banks/Multimode:

Script/Surround:

I like the bank module.

Any new samples included with this release?

Robert
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

Rabid wrote:I like the bank module.

Any new samples included with this release?

Robert
Yes!
The New Instrument Library

KONTAKT 2 includes a comprehensive sample library overflowing with top-quality instruments: a selection of orchestra instruments taken from the exceptional Vienna Symphonic Library, an excellent grand piano, authentic electric pianos, acoustic instruments, electronic as well as acoustic drum kits, drum and instrument loops and a whole lot more. Furthermore, the library also contains several instruments that make specific use of the revolutionary KONTAKT Script processor. For example, guitar and orchestra instruments that emulate particular playing styles with unprecedented precision.

Create unusual instruments using the dozens of scripts already in the library or write your own. An extensive selection of impulse responses is also included, allowing the reverb of real-life concert halls and echo chambers to be re-created authentically – or use it to generate some extraordinary special effects.

The instruments and samples in the library are courtesy of Vienna Symphonic Library, East West, Zero-G, Sonic Implants, Northstar, Native Instruments and others

Return to “Instruments”