The most powerful synth ever? What would it do?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote:kevvvvv" quoth

I would take a leaf out of Rene Ceballos' book and go for pure quality ... use all the power of a high spec PC to deliver the finest quality ever.

When Rene designed Pentagon, Zeta and sfz he didn't do anything that radical. He just made synths that sounded better.

See thats what I was wondering about; would people be more interested in using the horsepower to nail that 'quality' thing (massive oversampling, ultra-detailed modelling, yada yada) or would it be the ultra-flexible modular approach that people would expect?
one thing I don't get. A top spec pc today could probably only handle 8 or maybe even 4 simultaneous voices of a complex zeta patch as it is now...isn't that already pushing the limit?? :?

arguru
I disagree all.

Available current technology is lightyears ahead of the average musician talent.

Powerful synth ever?

Excuses.
You're probably right.

But this won't stop ppl wanting to buy and own the most powerful quality synth ever, will it.

Nice of you to disagree with everyone though :wink:

ttoz
one thing I don't get. A top spec pc today could probably only handle 8 or maybe even 4 simultaneous voices of a complex zeta patch as it is now...isn't that already pushing the limit??
I've just got an new uber-PC, so next time I fire up I'll see how many heavyweight Zeta voices I can get running at max quality.

And since you haven't any plugs left I'll let you know the result :hihi:
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

deleted
Last edited by kevvvvv on Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Umm... make Julienne Fries?

Still be able to effortlessly slice a tomato after cutting through an old tin can?

Come with a matching set of steak knives?

...and the patented potato peeler.

...But wait! There's more!

:hihi:
McLilith

The only thing I can think of would be a UNISON mode with 128 stackable voices. That would be f**king cool. Everything else is fine right now.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

the answer is obvious...it would do everything. :wink:

-ugo

McLilith wrote:Umm... make Julienne Fries?

Still be able to effortlessly slice a tomato after cutting through an old tin can?

Come with a matching set of steak knives?

...and the patented potato peeler.

...But wait! There's more!

:hihi:
McLilith

"Makes mounds and mounds of cole slaw!!!!"

:lol:

-ugo

the answer is obvious...it would do everything.
then it's the mind!

make toast. really good toast.

yes it would toast bread.. and also butter it too.

hmm I think this is an obvious one though.. the most powerful synth would create all possible sounds - even ones we cant hear. it could sound like all known instruments as well as all possible instruments. it would do sounds not possible through any physical mean and it would synthesize them with perfect clairity.

not only this.. but the most powerful synth would also have to have all forms of fx with a perfect matrix and unlimited filters of all possibilities...

you would be able to think the sound you want, and the synth would automatically patch itself to create that sound..

:P

Borogove wrote:Most powerful synth ever would have one timbral control, a large edit box. If you type in "Steinway Grand Piano in Davies Symphony Hall", and start playing, you get exactly that sound. If you type in "Fucktacular bowel-loosening bass from the eighth dimension", you get exactly that sound. If you type in "Faloombwehbweh", you get exactly that sound.
brown note.....
Not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good

I'd like to talk to the synth and say, "Hey you know that song by REO Speedwagon in 1982, how did they make that cool guitar sound?"

Probably, most people would be asking this synth how to make that "Hoover" sound. :)

-Ido

the most powerful synth ever would have to be capable of creating a 12 course gourmet meal for me with a latency of NO MORE than 2 samples. :-o

neverwhere2012 wrote:the most powerful synth ever would have to be capable of creating a 12 course gourmet meal for me with a latency of NO MORE than 2 samples. :-o

and then slice it into bite-sized peices and feed it to you?

VitaminD wrote:
neverwhere2012 wrote:the most powerful synth ever would have to be capable of creating a 12 course gourmet meal for me with a latency of NO MORE than 2 samples. :-o

and then slice it into bite-sized peices and feed it to you?
damn straight :D

Return to “Instruments”