Minimonsta Demo Feb 21st, Release Mar 7th, 6000 patches!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

6000 patches!!!

And only 1 year late!!

(j/k, I'm glad they took their time)

March 7th, that's my birthday... I wonder if they'd be willing to kick a complimentary Mini my way... :wink:

6000 patches? They arent gonna sound the same are they :hihi:

i would feel frustrate....

...no chance to do anything that wouldn't already have been done !

6000... How many basses? 2000? It would be easier and faster to make always your own patch from scratch than to audit 2000 presets until you found something suitable.

I'm sure this was done with best intentions, but in my (very humble) opinion 600 presets would have been sufficient. And I'm also curious about the impact on the price tag.
Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they sedate me.

damned if they do, damned if they don't. I think 6000 patches is cool. It gives people the choice of making their own or picking from an extensive list.

You don't have to use them if you don't want to. If they'd released it with only 600 there would be huge demand for more presets....at least this way it's reasonable to expect any commercial banks to be pretty damn good. :)

I doubt its actually 6000 patches. It may be 600 with the 10 Meta Patch variation for each one tho, so in essence, you will get 6000 :wink:

CypherOne wrote:damned if they do, damned if they don't.
That's for sure! ;-)

I don't want to damn them. At least not for the number of presets ... ;-) Mostly I try to make my own patches, but I appreciate a collection of very different presets to learn from.
But as Kriminal wrote, if every single patch inside a metapatch is counted this will relativise things.
Ok, we have to wait until Minimonsta is available.
Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they sedate me.

Kriminal wrote:I doubt its actually 6000 patches. It may be 600 with the 10 Meta Patch variation for each one tho, so in essence, you will get 6000 :wink:
That would be 11 variations, each patch has 11 sub patches, so there will be less than 600, but since this is a new way of patching, the more examples of whats possible(and i've heard what each programer has done and they are markedly different)the better. As for the price........ :wink:

Dave Blakely wrote: That would be 11 variations, each patch has 11 sub patches, so there will be less than 600, but since this is a new way of patching, the more examples of whats possible(and i've heard what each programer has done and they are markedly different)the better. As for the price........ :wink:
11 yes, my mistake. I heard a few that DS made, they sound awesome. You an ignore me tho, im just jealous cos i cant get on with the bloody thing :cry:

Kriminal wrote:
Dave Blakely wrote: That would be 11 variations, each patch has 11 sub patches, so there will be less than 600, but since this is a new way of patching, the more examples of whats possible(and i've heard what each programer has done and they are markedly different)the better. As for the price........ :wink:
11 yes, my mistake. I heard a few that DS made, they sound awesome. You an ignore me tho, im just jealous cos i cant get on with the bloody thing :cry:
i've heard what you did on the impOSCar and i find it hard to believe you cant get on with the Monsta, you need to apply yourself me old son :wink: Seriously though, i dont know what version beta you saw up to, but with each revision its got easier, the Melohman stuff was a bit hard at first, but once you've got the concept into your noggin its easy, much easier than Symtohm :-o

Last beta i got sent was in Nov i think. GMedia had just pulled in a few more sound designers from here.

EDIT: it was actually October :(
Last edited by Kriminal on Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nice I'm enjoying the heads up, as now I can put away for it ahead of time. Only question is, how much am I supposed to be saving? No pricing info?
I'm sorry this post wasn't about techno.

portobellovcs3 wrote:6000 patches!!!
Not more? :shock:
Kriminal wrote:Last beta i got sent was in Nov i think.
I got mine end of dec. or beginning of jan.
Andreas (I presume my forefathers were apes)

Image Listen to some Monkey-Music

Return to “Instruments”