Minimonsta Demo Feb 21st, Release Mar 7th, 6000 patches!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can any of the beta testers tell us what will the final CPU hit be (approximately) ?
Really curious about that, since my DAW is a bit on the slowish side... and I'm already tempted...

(sorry if this has been discussed before)
A member of the imaginary Phil Elverum appreciation association.

gallwaypark wrote:Can any of the beta testers tell us what will the final CPU hit be (approximately) ?
Really curious about that, since my DAW is a bit on the slowish side... and I'm already tempted...
With my PIII 866 MHz I couldn´t play some of the patches (>100% CPU load).
Andreas (I presume my forefathers were apes)

Image Listen to some Monkey-Music

Ok, well, 866 MHz is not really what I'd call a slowish side. It's more like waaay past the slowish side and into the deep, murky, misty valleys of the very slow side. :D

But yeah, that's quite a load.
A member of the imaginary Phil Elverum appreciation association.

I tried a 6 note chord on a few patches, runs at about 15-20% on my AMD XP3000+

The beta is 3 months old to, so it may have been improved

I noticed some higher CPU usage, but I had my buffers at 64. When I changed them to 256 it was fine.
KVR, my adult playground.
Please, call me Brice.

Its all depended on what sorta patch you've done as far as i can see, for example if i was using 6 oscillators in unison detuned with some heavy lfo routing then that would bump the cpu hit up considerably(no shit sherlock :) ) , what i found was there are ways to get as thick a sound with less oscillators in a mono detuned patch and also ways of detuning the oscilators and applying lfo's to the delay to thicken up a poly patch as well, the good thing with this synth is though, it doesn't wash out like some, it still stays very fat sounding, But i still had to use freeze when doing demo's, i m on an Athlon 2500 Barton.
like Andreas we all recieved the last beta at the start of this month, so i assume thats the one that made the show at NAMM.

This may seem like a daft question, but how do you get to be a beta tester?

Is it just a case of contacting them?
Or is it more like,

Don't call us, we'll call you?
MySpace/Escapee Planes
Virb
Perfume EP out 17 Dec, 12" MP3, FLAC & WAV

Ocean Zen wrote:This may seem like a daft question, but how do you get to be a beta tester?

Or is it more like,

I just fell into it really, found some bugs in diff stuff, threw in some ideas, made some demos/presets for lots of synths. Word soon gets around and eventually you may get invited to join.

Of course, it mainly depends on who you know :wink:

Ok here's a question for the beta testers, how good is Minimonsta? I mean you've all been raving about it for months now, but is it "wow this is really good" good, or is it "by far the best virtual analog on the market bar-none, I mean really it's not even close" good?

And if anyone in a position to comment would like to tell us how much this is gonna cost, I'd appreciate the info.
I'm sorry this post wasn't about techno.

Doesnt matter what we say, try the demo when its out and decide for yourself.

Funkybot wrote:Nice I'm enjoying the heads up, as now I can put away for it ahead of time. Only question is, how much am I supposed to be saving? No pricing info?
I think the price is going to be real nice (as in lower than I expected). That was what was being hinted at, at the NAMM show.

Ocean Zen wrote:This may seem like a daft question, but how do you get to be a beta tester?
In my case it´s probably because of my sig pic: Some VSTi-developers may think if he can handle my synth then everyone will be able to work with it. :hihi:
Andreas (I presume my forefathers were apes)

Image Listen to some Monkey-Music

Or is it more like,

I've only ever beta tested one app and that was Cakewalks Kinetic :? but i've been sound designer on Oddity and now Minimonster, i got the gig coz i did a sound library for Pro53 (still not released :( ) that the company was made aware of through mutual aquaintances, all very circuitous and all very lucky, but i did do my apprenticeship over the previous 20 years by programming nearly every bit of hardware out there for rubbish money for crappy bands in horrible studios :wink: So the answer is learn your craft, do some sounds, approach companies, bullshit to the nth degree like a lot of the "name" people on here and join our wonderfull world......just dont be in my way if we're up for the same gig :D

We have got ~550 metapatches, each one containing 12 presets: 11 variations around the main preset. That's 6600 patches.

Regarding CPU load, I did some tests recently (only PC, sorry Mac users...):

* Athlon:
  • - Simplest preset: 62 MHz/voice
    - All features.....: 124 MHz/voice
    - All ft. + all mod: 175 MHz/voice
* Pentium IV:
  • - Simplest preset: 113 MHz/voice
    - All features.....: 257 MHz/voice
    - All ft. + all mod: 380 MHz/voice
Consider a 100 MHz/voice average on AMD and 200 on Intel. :roll:

-- Laurent

Cheers for the advice on "How to get the Beta Testing job"

Bullshit is my middle name :hihi:

Well, alright it isn't, infact I don't have a middle name.
MySpace/Escapee Planes
Virb
Perfume EP out 17 Dec, 12" MP3, FLAC & WAV

Return to “Instruments”