The Power of ShortCircuit!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just finished making a very cool multi (with help from Claes :)) for the excellent ShortCircuit.

It uses the new TempoSync modulation source to 'tempo lock' various zones that contain the same loop sample. This means that the same loop can be played in perfect sync, but with different filters and modulations, across multiple zones. It shows off the power of ShortCircuit very well.

.... its easier to demonstrate than to explain ;), so here it is, for you to try yourself.

Download it here. It works in ShortCircuit Free too :)

And here's an mp3 demo of the multi

Bear in mind, this multi only uses one wav file to make a ton of different cool loops, mapped across the keyboard. You can even replace the included loop with your own!

Make sure you read the readme.txt inside the zip file in order for the multi to work properly.

If you're into creative sample manipulation, you should definately check this out :)

oh, and for those that didn't know, ShortCircuit has had a price drop.

It is now priced at 125€ including VAT.

I'm in no way affiliated with VemberAudio btw, I just love this sampler :)

I heartedly hope they will succeed with this sampler. It's got great sound and layout, mod capabilities... simply everything. Cutting it's price will hopefully help even though they shouldn't do it IMHO, it's brilliant... and I don't own it, yet :( . Still, not-so-crippled demo version is an excellent way to become addicted to it :wink: .
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I agree it is brilliant. The design makes everything seem effortless, and the sound quality is great :)

The only issue I have is the price...I was actually about to buy it, but the 125 euros came out to $173, a bit too high for me at this point.

Perhaps I've been spoilt by energyXT at 39euros, but my subjective feel for the price of a plugin like shortcircuit is around 60-70 euros....at least I would buy it at that price.

I'll probably get it eventually anyway, but I'll be on the look out for a group buy or something.

Rozzer - I'm floored by your humble offering. Truly delicious and educational!

As someone who is very much a beginner when it comes to sampling, I'm wondering whether there is any repository of other creations for shortcircuit. I just purchased it and don't see any forum or patch area. I can muddle around and educate myself but some additional creations like Rozzer's would be really helpful for me to see what can be done with this instrument.

whaaaaa... amazing demo! did u do that drumloop yourself btw? or is it a ripped one? :shock:

i really must dive deeper into shortcircuit! :D

only thing wich is holding me down really, is the lack of "drag n drop midi from rex". and the slice feature isnt that easy to use i think. that'd be great so u could re-arrange the loops a little bit..so things doesnt get that obvious all the time.

anyways, importing rex'es and play with them i find easy enough tho, GREAT filters and shit to mangle along with also! 8)

It is indeed amazing. I have been playing with the free version and just love what i have seen thus far.

The only reason i haven't bought it yet is the price, i feel it's a bit too steep for me atm.

Group buy anyone? :hihi:

Also, is there a way to audition the samples in the browser? Havent noticed anything like that yet.

ah yes, audition stuff is one thing i was quite surprised of not finding in the browser, as well as instant-play, wich i guess isnt possible without auditioning. :P

Return to “Instruments”