I Got Money

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'll also say NI Komplete 2. With Reaktor, ABSynth, Kontakt and FM7 being essential, you might as well get the package deal. Also, everyone that gets Tera 2 seems to love it.

On the other side, have you considered getting Logic? It comes with a nice collection of instruments.

Robert
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

I do have both the lizard and the effem (and all the other synths from that site). I used the Effex on the drums in one of the songs on the site I mentioned earlier. I still do some music on my PC as well. I've read a lot about Reaktor and I get the feeling that it's going to take a LOT of time to make anything of it. How complex is it? (As complex as I want it to be I assume.) I tried all the synths recomended earlier and the only one I liked and have considered getting is Zebra. I didn't even bother getting a Tera demo because I thought it sounded awful in all the demo songs.

Oh and as far as exploring what I can do with what I have - I have the cheesey drum synth and bass synth that came with cubase and the oddity. Ya I could make a lot of different noises with that but I don't think I'd like much of them. I don't even have any effects.

Is the $1149 worth it for the NI pack? Will I ever use even 10% of all that software? I was kinda hopin to stay under 1000 maybe a couple 100 but I guess if I got that I wouldn't have to get any new software until I was about 50 (I'm 21)?
Last edited by Just Float on Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

xoxos wrote:
Kriminal wrote: SE...he has a Mac :wink:
well stick a glass rod up my yonk and smash it with a hammer.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just Float wrote: Is the $1149 worth it for the NI pack? Will I ever use even 10% of all that software? I was kinda hopin to stay under 1000 maybe a couple 100 but I guess if I got that I wouldn't have to get any new software until I was about 50 (I'm 21)?
You can get Komplete 2 + Komplete Care at AudioMidi for $1049. That's a pretty good deal...

Of course, whether you use all of it depends on what you intend to do. But having it all does allow you the tools to fit your "expanding sonic abilities and tastes". Don't worry about the complexity of Reaktor; you absolutely don't need to be able to program the thing to benefit from it, because of the NI user library, which has literally THOUSANDS of Reaktor instruments & ensembles. Each time you download one of them it's like getting a new synth or FX plugin, some of which are quite spectacular. The reasons you'd still want the other NI synths like FM7 or Absynth are a) CPU friendliness b) Character c) Ease of programming d) There are a few things (multistage envelopes, additive synthesis) that Reaktor doesn't have or doesn't do well.
A well-behaved signature.

i may get flamed for saying this, but if i had that much money to spend on music stuff in one go i'd definitely go and buy a few second hand hardware synths/drum machines, or get some hardware compressors or something and stay on the freeware side on software stuff. :p

id also say you should look into Komplete - never mind the hippies who say NI stole their baby, it would be an asskicking setup in one foul swoop. 8)
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

pooshka - The problem is I can't find any free synths for mac. And if I do I have the feeling itll be the same chances of finding a decent synth on my PC. About 1 in 10 might be worth keeping.

I kind of need some peer pressure to spend all this money, unfortunately I dont know any other electronic musicians in real life so no one seems to care or understand what it is im doing.

So right now I'm looking at Komplete 2, Zebra, Absynth2, and maybe those PSP effects. After that I'll need a few months of screwing around before I even get to making some tracks.

You do realize that after getting those, you are going to want a G5. 8)

Robert
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

You might want to try the demo of Cameleon 5000. It's good at creating sounds with a lot of "organic complexity". It offers a lot of sonic territory to explore.

take care,
McLilith

I tried the cameleon and i didn't like it. I think it had this metalic reverb thing going on in every sound i heard from it.

The komplete 2 care thing at audio midi has this:

Absynth, Reaktor 4, B4 Organ, FM7, Pro-53, Kontakt 1.5, Kompakt, Intakt, Battery, Vokator

Notice it doesnt say absynth 3 or battery 2. I assume these are new versions and id have to go buy it again to get it. Or the page is just unclear? When I click on the names it brings me to a page with the newest version but I just want to be sure.

Why would I need a G5? Im guessing my CPU is gonna be stressed. Why do they have to make software that hardly anyone can use.

If you were to buy Komplete 2, upon registering it, you'd automatically apply for free updates since they both recently hit the market. Komplete Care package will give you a free update to Kontakt 2.0, and whatever else NI decides to put out this year.

I thought I would mention that Intakt is not a bad thing for BOC style as well. Find some random hip hop beats on the web, slice em up, and do something creative with em. You may find you drums sounding quite similar.

ahja wrote:you'd automatically apply for free updates...Komplete Care package will give you a free update to Kontakt 2.0, and whatever else NI decides to put out this year.
If by paying $280 you mean "free" then sure. ;)

Greg

Well yeh... You know what I mean. I really should sleep more. :hihi:

I agree with Tera 7 Zebra. NI is huge as well. Haven't tried MX4 or the Logic ones.

A few ones I would add:

Cronox
Vanguard
Microtonic

A freebie - Zoyd

$280? From Audio Midi the Komplete 2 is $995 and the care package is only $1049, little more then $50. Am I right?

Return to “Instruments”