FLStudio5 gripe

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

soulkraka wrote:
ccollinsmith wrote:
I can't get FL to allow MIDI control on Reaktor ensembles.
open up reaktor inside FL instead of reaktor vst.

tweak a parameter in your ensemble.....
The problem that I'm having (with the VST) is that "last tweaked parameter" is greyed out... only when I'm using Reaktor. It's weird.

But you mention opening Reaktor inside FL instead of the Reaktor VST. How do I do that? I know how to open it as a VST and as a DXi inside FL. But can you open it as a Standalone inside FL? I don't understand.

Maybe its different for me because I have sessions.
Not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good

kode_poet wrote:How come we never ask for a piano to have more and heavier keys? or have bass pedals like an organ? Or a guitar to have two strings instead of six? We adapt to the instrument. We learn to play it. Consider your host the same. Learn it and use it the best way you can.
I believe all those questions have been asked and are still asked every day.

In the scheme of things, software is very very new
and immature ..... we haven't yet left the
development stage....and probably won't for quite
some time.

It'll be a while before sequencing software reaches
the evolutionary stage of, say, a piano, guitar,
violin, Saxophone etc etc ...and, in actual fact
all those instruments (and many others) are still
evolving.... for example:
Classical guitars have only been using Nylon strings
since 1946 .......

So..... as far as music software goes, it would seem
we are all burdened with that old chinese curse:
"May you live in "interesting" times."

muku

The problem that I'm having (with the VST) is that "last tweaked parameter" is greyed out... only when I'm using Reaktor. It's weird.
I've noticed that sometimes this feature is greyed out with other NI plugins as well... namely Kontakt. I'm not sure why it does that yet. I just installed the R4 demo to test it out (i'm not on my main DAW at the moment). Right now "last tweaked parameter" is working with the Junatik ensemble.

Since it's not on your machine, you could assign a MIDI Out channel to the Reaktor VSTi, set up a MIDI Out knob to send a CC#, then select "MIDI learn" in Reaktor and then move the MIDI Out CC knob. You can then automate the MIDI Out knob.

This is an annoying workaround, hopefully someone will let us know why "last tweaked parameter" doesn't work with some NI plugins in some situations.
But you mention opening Reaktor inside FL instead of the Reaktor VST. How do I do that? I know how to open it as a VST and as a DXi inside FL. But can you open it as a Standalone inside FL? I don't understand.
Reaktor inside FL and "Reaktor VST" is the same thing. He might be talking about loading the instrument version into the mixer as opposed to as a generator channel. I would only try that if you want to use "smart disable" for your Reaktor instruments (or any other cpu heavy softsynth). I think there are other compatibility reasons to load some synths as mixer FX but as far as I know Reaktor isn't one of them.

In my vst plugs folder I have a "ReaktorSession.dll"
and a "ReaktorSessionVST.dll" in addition to the efx versions. Look at my screenshot above.
Not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good

soulkraka wrote:Maybe its different for me because I have sessions.
Nope. It was me. Your screenshot helped me solve the problem.

I noticed that yours just had the name of the plugin. Mine had "NI" and then the name of the plugin. When I went to look in my VST plugs, they just had the name of the plugin (as in your screenshot), not the "NI" in front of them.

Turns out I was loading the DXi version. (Must have been so excited the first time I fired up FL after installing NI Komplete that I didn't pay close attention to what I was doing when I assigned those Favorites). I have the DXi installed in case I ever want to open it inside Sonar. But I use VSTi inside FL.

So I guess the problem is with the DXi in FL. But that's okay with me because the VSTi is working just fine.

Return to “Instruments”