Why has no one done a Korg Karma type VSTi?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Shamanix wrote:Why would anyone want a stupid rompler as a VSTi :lol: Overpriced cut down samplers, pff :lol: AKAI or some other sample making company should just make a Karma/Triton sample cd/dvd I think that would be more than enough !
I can only assume by that statement that you have never played a Karma and have no idea what it does. The Karma program controls and minupulates a Triton engine.

Robert
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

I would love to see a standalone/plugin Karma that wasn't tied to any particular software or hardware, and I hope that they eventually do release something like that.

x_bruce wrote:... Are you sure this isn't challenge/response? I didn't read pace anywhere in the software packaging, site or small 3 page DVD case information sheet.
Look on this webpage at the Karma-lab site.

http://www.karma-lab.com/support/techfaq.html

About halfway down you well see this information.
Issue 091402-02:

When I try to launch KARMA MW/Triton for the first time on my Windows machine, I get this error: “Initialization Error - Unsupported Driver Call. Check Driver Version.”

KARMA MW/Triton is protected with a system known as PACE Interlok. Normally, the installer installs a PACE driver on your system, but not if one is already there. It is likely that there is an older version of the PACE Interlok driver installed on your system by some other software. You must manually replace it with the newest version, which can be downloaded from PACE’s website at:
Robert
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

Shamanix wrote:Why would anyone want a stupid rompler as a VSTi :lol: Overpriced cut down samplers, pff :lol: AKAI or some other sample making company should just make a Karma/Triton sample cd/dvd I think that would be more than enough !
The power of the KARMA is it's totally original generated effects, not its sounds. You can have up to 4 GE's in a COMBI (multi), that consists up to 8 programs (patches). You can't get that from a sample CD. The generated effects are like arpeggios on steroids. Generated effects can be manipulated. What I am trying to convey is that the GE's are not static like arps are. Go to Korg's site and listen to the samples, and I think you will understand the difference. I'd give you an example, but I suck. I sucked before I had surgery on my neck in October. I really suck now. My dexterity has left the building. I am hopeful the surgery will give me my strength and dexerity back, but it ain't happened yet.

For those who have the Triton, you can get Triton MW software at KARMA Labs http://www.karma-lab.com/
that will allow you to use GE's with the Triton. Also, there is a misconception that the KARMA doesn't sound as good as the Triton (Classic). The KARMA and the Triton have the same sound engine, except that the KARMA has the faster OS so it can to execute the complex generated effects. I also have a Triton Rack, and there is no difference in sound at all.

There definitely will be software that will allow you to use the GE's with any keyboard. I have no idea how far away that is, though.[/i]

Thanks for the heads up, Robert.

I think a whole lot of people who want a Karma engine haven't used a Karma. All I remember is how difficult it was to get people to use it. They'd say it was not something a real good serious musician.

Back then the software wasn't available yet and morons with egos couldn't find a decent sound and couldn't find anything they liked out of 1500 GEs.

What tools....

The Karma's still around and they're starting to discover this new technology called VST.
Reviews http://www.musicfaq.net
Selected tracks from new album TRAUMA :
http://netnewmusic.ning.com/profile/BSatinover

ROMplers have a certain "sound". I don't know what the secret ingredient is, but to think that you can match the sound of a ROMpler with a sample CD is quite a stretch...

Besides, the Triton sample CD has been done to death. And they're still moving tritons, albeit not like they used to.

I'd like to see some more comprehensive and creative VST midi effects.

We could probably say it's an area that's still in its infancy compared to how far VST synths and audio effects have come, but this is an area I'm quite interested in seeing develop.

Nice to see xoxos out there exploring though. :wink:

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

mjones4th wrote:ROMplers have a certain "sound". I don't know what the secret ingredient is...
I believe they call it reverb.

:P

(I kid, I kid already)

Can everybody stop bitching and go make some music? :lol:

Caleb wrote: Nice to see xoxos out there exploring though. :wink:
polyrhythm circuit for 'acoustic models' atomic traveller combined with unemployment = "development" (oh what a sad world. here's hoping i crash and burn sooner)

x_bruce, shamann - :lol:
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:[
polyrhythm circuit for 'acoustic models' atomic traveller combined with unemployment = "development"
tho i should know better to leave a page open when i'm shagged and avoiding effort..

if you'd like, i can spruce it up a bit, y'know.. think of some new ways to call the same old horseshit something new and fancy.. "concatenative ultra-pulse" or jsut use the usual excitement words or a lot of x's so people will feel happy about feeding me for prissing around and using some bit of stuff that goes ping basically because i'm adverse to being dicked around in jobs for people who are all hellacious, soulless cretins who make you want to weep for sanity anyway.

i swear, i only gotta even think "mouse.. connect modular cables" and my neck bends over to the side and stays there. sucks! god, how i hate using computers.

anyway, evenin, enjoy our sacred pastime!
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

kode_poet wrote:Can everybody stop bitching and go make some music? :lol:
ahh, you must be new here.
The Banner wrote:Welcome to KVR - we used to actually make music
:hihi:

x_bruce wrote:They'd say it was not something a real good serious musician.
Quite the contrary, for certain genres (for example, AMBIENT) the Karma thing would be a godsend for performance. It would enable the musician to play the instrument more intuitively and take much deeper advantage of the instrument's capabilities. Yes, it would be possible to hold down one key and have the thing spit out a nice ambient piece, but you can do the same thing in Reaktor. The power of the thing hits its stride with real musicians, not the contrary.

Anyway, would someone PLEASE tell Korg to get off its arse and release a rack version of the Karma?!?!? I would buy that SOB in a heartbeat ... I have no room for big keyboards ...

mjones4th wrote:
ROMplers have a certain "sound". I don't know what the secret ingredient is.....
Presets drenched in cheesy effects right out of the box maybe? Or maybe the fact that a lot of radio hits use presets from these Romplers. So it makes them familiar.

Atleast thats how I felt about my TritonLE. Which is why I got rid of it.

you guys know you're tugging youselves.. they start selling vst karmas, they stop selling h/w karmas, that simple.

atb,

Return to “Instruments”