NI doesn't works

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:cry: Hi friends

I had just bought and installed Elektrik Piano and Reaktor 4.l (both from Native Instruments), but they dont produce any sound. They're totally mute. My soundcard is a Creative Live 5.1, with Asio support.

My doubt is: Do I need some singular VST plugin for they work? Or is needed to configure my soundcard? If is it, what's the configuration?

Thanks

Open the standalones & assign your soundcard in their midi preferences.

ziquizira wrote::cry: Hi friends

I had just bought and installed Elektrik Piano and Reaktor 4.l (both from Native Instruments), but they dont produce any sound. They're totally mute. My soundcard is a Creative Live 5.1, with Asio support.

My doubt is: Do I need some singular VST plugin for they work? Or is needed to configure my soundcard? If is it, what's the configuration?

Thanks
Question: Have you run them in Standalone mode or just inside your VST host? Running them in Standalone first should take care of some configuration issues.

Also, in Reaktor, be sure to open files from the Ensembles folder, not the Instruments folder. An Ensemble has a .ens extension. If you open a file with a .ins extension (an Instrument file) you're not going to get sound.

I hope it's nothing more serious than one of these little things.

ccollinsmith wrote:Question: Have you run them in Standalone mode or just inside your VST host? Running them in Standalone first should take care of some configuration issues.

Also, in Reaktor, be sure to open files from the Ensembles folder, not the Instruments folder. An Ensemble has a .ens extension. If you open a file with a .ins extension (an Instrument file) you're not going to get sound.

I hope it's nothing more serious than one of these little things.
Very thanks for your help.

I'm really opening the ensemble files, and working standalone, but even there is no sound.

However, perhaps these configuration issues can be the solution. What are they?

ziquizira wrote:
Very thanks for your help.

I'm really opening the ensemble files, and working standalone, but even there is no sound.

However, perhaps these configuration issues can be the solution. What are they?
Basically, just assigning MIDI and audio in the standalone.

Go to System Menu, then the Audio + MIDI Submenu. Make sure your MIDI inputs are turned to the "on" position on the MIDI page. This is something you have to do manually before it will respond to your MIDI notes.

If that doesn't work, check the Soundcard and Routing pages too to make sure it's got the right settings.

I hope that will help.

Load one of the sequencer devices from the library and hit the play button. This will immediately show whether or not your sound card is properly configured.

Reaktor even has a helpful little midi light showing the reception of midi messages. If you've set up your midi interface right, it will blink every time you press a key. And make sure you don't do what I did when I first loaded reaktor: switch on the midi out and not the midi in. If you're having problems, turn on every midi input you can.

suthnear wrote:Load one of the sequencer devices from the library and hit the play button. This will immediately show whether or not your sound card is properly configured.

Reaktor even has a helpful little midi light showing the reception of midi messages. If you've set up your midi interface right, it will blink every time you press a key. And make sure you don't do what I did when I first loaded reaktor: switch on the midi out and not the midi in. If you're having problems, turn on every midi input you can.
Excellent advice.

Return to “Instruments”