Hardcore Hoover Stabs - How do you create them from scratch

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this:Image

+ this:Image

= Hoover stab

If you want it to be hardcore then take your pants off.

:hihi: :P :wink:

Are these so called 'stabs'? (Z3TA+ files)
Stab 1.fxp
Stab 2.fxp
Stab 3.fxp
Last edited by Vstsoundbanks on Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vstsoundbanks wrote:Are these so called 'stabs'? (Z3TA+ files)
Stab 1.fxb
Stab 2.fxb
Stab 3.fxb
link dont work mate.

Green Red Brownell wrote:As others have pointed out, Ishkur's Guide also has a nice Hoover sample. Go here:

http://www.ishkur.com/music/#

then click on the link to launch the guide in a separate window. After it launches, the hoover is right on the front page, under Sounds.

I should point out that Ishkur's sample sounds almost nothing like Vinney's, so you might want to listen to both. Vinney, check out Ishkur, and tell us what you think!

Ishkur's definitions of genres are also pretty hilarious to read, unless of course you live and die for that particular genre. But if that's true, you need to get a sense of humor....
ye thats cool .... i wanna be able to make stuff liket that ... but i dont have any hardware ... :(

um...that's not a hoover, mate

P.S. whoever put the word "Hardcore" in the Happy2bHardcore genre title deserves to die.

Vinney wrote:
Vstsoundbanks wrote:Are these so called 'stabs'? (Z3TA+ files)
Stab 1.fxp
Stab 2.fxp
Stab 3.fxp
link dont work mate.
That will happen when you forget to upload them :oops:

The way I do it: First I turn on my Roland Alpha Juno 2...

Chase wrote:

P.S. whoever put the word "Hardcore" in the Happy2bHardcore genre title deserves to die.
Check my link.... above in this thread.

heres how i would do it if i was interested in hoovers - stack a few detuned saws, add a pwm sub, put an env on the pitch with full sustain, a tiny bit of attack, and a long release (perhaps apply this to the amp as well). This should make the pitch jump up an octave or two in the start then slowly fade after release. eq and chorus and whatever else.
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

Chase wrote:

That would be Anabolic Frolic. His first few sets were pretty good - they were hardcore and happy at the same time (distinguishing that hardcore was any music faster than 140 bpm in 1990. But now the stuff being produced by the big names is increasingly a hit and miss (from say 1999-2003) but it would seem that some artists are starting to put out more decent tracks.

Happy hardcore is hardcore - just that it might be harder for someone to get in if you grew up listening to metal or punk in junior high and high school.
What the *ZAP* ok... so that's what orange does....

Oh wait, just heard the link.

Hehe, me stupid.

That's not a hoover. Noooo, that's not a hoover. That's a bread and butter stab by taking a sample from some cheesy 1970's Boston Pops recording and using it as stabs.

Best thing to do here is to sample a very small snippet - such that it can be looped if desired for long notes and then put it through a bit-crusher to 12 bits and 22 kHz or so and then a little distortion... a little reverb and you got the sound to molest.

Xelebes wrote:
Chase wrote:

That would be Anabolic Frolic. His first few sets were pretty good - they were hardcore and happy at the same time (distinguishing that hardcore was any music faster than 140 bpm in 1990. But now the stuff being produced by the big names is increasingly a hit and miss (from say 1999-2003) but it would seem that some artists are starting to put out more decent tracks.

Happy hardcore is hardcore - just that it might be harder for someone to get in if you grew up listening to metal or punk in junior high and high school.
Happy 2b Hardcore chapter 4 actually wasn't that bad, and contains 3 or 4 good tracks, including the only Anabolic Frolic song I like. It's still all cheese though.

Don't forget to hunt down some 303, 808 and 909 sounds, so your music can sound really, really tired, dated and cliched... don't just go halfway... commit to the mediocrity dude!
Last edited by John Vulich on Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yeah, it has been cheesy - but then that's partially the draw to the music. I am not too big on it - not my most prefered genre but it's still has it's uses. It essentially defined the middle era of the rave scene (1991-1997).

JohnVulich wrote:Don't forget to hunt down some 303, 808 and 909 sounds, so your music can sound really, really tired and dated... don't just go halfway... commit to it dude!
wow thats mean. Not funny mean, either.

Return to “Instruments”