Pluggo for Windows

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I downloaded the demo version today (quite excited to try it out after hearing lots of good things from Mac users), but after installing it and starting up Logic (5.5.1), I discovered that any existing song I opened that contained a multi-channel plugin, such as DR-008 and EWQLSO Gold, Logic reported that the multi-channel versions of these plugin's weren't available. Weird. Uninstalled Pluggo and my multi-channel VSTis worked fine again. Shame, because I'd really liek to check these out. Can anyone else reproduce this problem in Logic Windows? Thanks for reading... :wink: :?

HI

I wiped Logic from my DAW a couple of days ago, sorry!

I checked out the Pluggo range today though I must say that I was bitterly dissapointed with the package, I don't see the majority of what is on offer as not being replaceable by freeware - in particular they reminded me of half baked synthedit creations, no disrespect to synthedit, in fact if you don't mind buying some synthedit stuff you will get IMO far superior fx/synths to what is on offer here.

I did come across some interesting stuff in the package that I would like and if they were selling the plugs individually for a £5 I would buy 2 or 3, beyond that the synths were very poor (big ben bell synth?!) and there was too much duplication - how many chorus/filter/reverb type hybrids do you need?

Your not missing much (IMO)and don't forget you need to install ILOK for this if you buy it - for £100 you could buy a quality synth and an fx plug-in that would leave this bunch (Imposcar/Ohmboyz-for example)
in their wake.

Flipper.

Thanks for the reply - I was thinking along the same lines as you actually, but since I only managed to audition about three plugs before Logic starting crashing I figured I'd ask... :wink:

The three (or so) synths I did manage to try were pretty lame, so I too was disappointed right off the bat. I'm not really into synthedit stuff myself (although there are a couple of cool creations floating around), so I think I'll just give it a miss...

Incidentally, which sequencer have you switched to? (I'm assuming you've switched to something else since you deleted Logic). I'm on the fence at the moment about continuing with Logic, thus incurring great expense with buying a new Mac, etc., or simply switching to something else like Cubase or Sonar. A few friends have said they love Sonar, but I dunno - the demo I tried a while back... I just couldn't get into it.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

HI

I noticed a pretty daming review of Sonar in the reviews section but you would have to demo it to get a fair idea really.

Yes I reinstalled Logic to see how it would perform on my new DAW (a dual xeon) but it was back to its old trick of locking up if it could not find a sample or vst!

By the way this was 5.5, I found using 5.1 more stable.

Anyway I got SXV3 as it supports dual cpu set-ups although it is not perfect and imo requires 2 monitors as there is so much going on (although I am new to it and perhaps it will get easier?) - but I have recently been using Tracktion and I eagerly await V2 as this host is so easy to get into, quite flexable and generall y very productive to use.

I tried Samplitude which is similar to Logic (in some ways) but it is overly complex to get into.

I don't think SX is a bad program but I would recommend a good book (there are some new SXV3 books just out - SXV3 ignite and another one) or tutorial DVD as it can be quite difficult to get your head around certain things, I would say check out Tracktion - in particular T2 will be out in a few weeks, so it might be an idea to wait for that, you might be able to get a cross-grade deal if you go to SXV3 - I did and saved almost 50%.

Logic was just getting too troublesome for me, in particular did not like changes in the vst folder or missing sample would cause it to crash.

PS, I almost went mac but Logic had some very bad reports in V7 although the latest up-date appears to improve things.

Flipper.

original flipper wrote: I noticed a pretty daming review of Sonar in the reviews section but you would have to demo it to get a fair idea really.
I have Sonar 4 and haven't noticed this problem at all, on either of my machines. I don't have a good explanation. Try the demo :)

Mediocre synths, Pace, etc are all good reasons for me to not get excited about Pluggo (heck, I already have more decent synths than I know what to do with). Maybe the Mac people like it because they have fewer synth choices?

Doug
Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad - Spock, in "I, Mudd"

For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm

Maybe the Mac people like it because they have fewer synth choices?

Hmmm... yeah, that crossed my mind too. [/quote]

Wow :o

Yeah I was curious about Pluggo also as I have heard Mac people rave about how Pluggo was the thing to have; such an essential tools in their arsenal. Is there nothing in the collection that justifies the price? How about you people that have demo'd the collection post you favorite replacements that you would prefer over Pluggo's offerings.

BTW Sonar4 is real sweet. I can't comment on Cubase. Of course I'm a Cakewalk/Sonar user for years. :D

Ummm did none of you people notice the modular routers , multiplers and devices that modulated other plug ins.
Yeah the synths are basic .
I downloaded the PC demo the other day and only realised yesterday it had this option.
It gets pretty insane with feedback routing etc etc.
Lets just say what I could do to some well known audio sources was downright criminal -ie; you could sample and not pick the source in a month of Sundays.
I quite like it - now if only I was rich.
I could almost be tempted to sell Reason for this IMHO it's like a big modular effects bundle.
The granualr processing with the modular routers is EASILY on par with anything eles I've heard .
And it has a very definitive 'sonic stamp' also .

i agree , that pluggo bundle sucked ass.
talk about repetitive. Just don't see what the big deal was ,all the hype that went into it.
fell in line with the shore break,here breathe the first stroke of sea spray

FaX wrote:Ummm did none of you people notice the modular routers , multiplers and devices that modulated other plug ins.
Yeah the synths are basic .
I downloaded the PC demo the other day and only realised yesterday it had this option.
It gets pretty insane with feedback routing etc etc.
Lets just say what I could do to some well known audio sources was downright criminal -ie; you could sample and not pick the source in a month of Sundays.
I quite like it - now if only I was rich.
I could almost be tempted to sell Reason for this IMHO it's like a big modular effects bundle.
The granualr processing with the modular routers is EASILY on par with anything eles I've heard .
And it has a very definitive 'sonic stamp' also .
maybe i shoulda looked into it harder....my bad
fell in line with the shore break,here breathe the first stroke of sea spray

it's simple: PC-users are spoiled with having *much* more free plugins to choose from

Well, no, I couldn't get it to work for long enough to try any of that stuff... It keeps crashing Logic. I'll try it again today sometime.

I'm really into the Pluggo demo. Remember looking at the descriptions of each plug on the site when it used to be Mac only, thinking "all of these plugs have been done better for free on the PC". Totally eating my words now. Can't speak for the synths (I don't use synths) but pretty much all of the effects I've tried so far blew my mind. Even the distortions and filters sound unique, and that's before you get to the weird granular/buffer chopping etc etc stuff.

Seems a lot of people are having tech issues with it though. Works just dandy in Audiomulch.

I'm quite intrigued with them, and they're working perfectly in Tracktion. I could see myself losing days and days just in the modulation possibilities!

What is the big issue with ILOK? Is is another bloody dongle?

G.

I have downloaded and I really look forward to playing with Pluggo. The greatest thing is that I now can use Max/MSP to create VSTs and VSTis. I foresee many busy weeks ahead.

Any day now Reaktor is arriving in the mail as well, so soon I guess it will be time to dump a lot of my previous purchases in the market place.
helge

HELP! MY TYPEWRITER IS BROKEN!
E E CUMMINGS

Return to “Instruments”