VX7 - TAKE IT FREE ! ... until it stops

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VX7

anyone making this work on a win 8 system. I just hunted down hexter and figured out how to get it to show up in my DAW but vx7 sounds very interesting.

Vsampler 2 and 3 still work on Windows 7
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

showing up now hope it works

As it has still disappeared once more on the web, I've just downloaded it here on one of my websites:
http://black.winny.free.fr/MAO/VX7/
And it doesn't contain anymore the stupid installer/uninstaller which caused a huge problem at the uninstallation. From now on you have just to unzip the zip file where you want, that's all.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Thank you. Seems to work under Reaper and Win-7. But it doesn't store it's state in the project.

Is anyone having problems getting sound out of it? (Windows 8.1 / FL Studio 11.1)
:tu: All is good

DrewDale wrote:Is anyone having problems getting sound out of it? (Windows 8.1 / FL Studio 11.1)
Channel setting. Check process inactive audio channels. It works fine with me

phreaque wrote:
DrewDale wrote:Is anyone having problems getting sound out of it? (Windows 8.1 / FL Studio 11.1)
wrapping settings>(Processing tab)>"process inactive inputs and outputs" thank you, worked for me too...

also if you experience any sound glitches "use fixed size buffers" (in the wrapping settings) fixes that problem :)
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

phreaque wrote:
:tu: Many thanks indeed, got it working now :)

sergiofrias wrote:
phreaque wrote:
wrapping settings>(Processing tab)>"process inactive inputs and outputs" thank you, worked for me too...

also if you experience any sound glitches "use fixed size buffers" (in the wrapping settings) fixes that problem :)
Thank you for the additional pointers :tu:

It sounds for me in Windows 8.1 with Reaper, Mulab, and Cantabile.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

I do have it making sound now, One more question - How do I load the patches that are in the 'banks' folder included with the download ?

[Edit]
I failed to notice the File menu option, got the sounds imported now :)

A last question. How do I save a modified preset ? Save and Save as are greyed out in the file menu. :?

I have just taken this for a test run in FL Studio. There seems to be a few patches that are very distorted. I have ticked the check boxes as described in above posts, but I get the impression that the incorrect algorithm is being selected for some patches EG: (Bank- A patch-1 A001-Piano-4) is just FM distortion / Feedback. Was this a known issue when VX7 was originally available?

Maomoondog wrote:I have just taken this for a test run in FL Studio. There seems to be a few patches that are very distorted. I have ticked the check boxes as described in above posts, but I get the impression that the incorrect algorithm is being selected for some patches EG: (Bank- A patch-1 A001-Piano-4) is just FM distortion / Feedback. Was this a known issue when VX7 was originally available?
I'm afraid these issues were the tree which hid the forest, and it was certainly a nightmare for the developer...

Probably the reason why the product has never been continued...

Numanoid wrote:
osiris wrote:Ah, I remember this. I miss VSampler.
Still available V3.5?: http://www.maz-sound.com/index.php?show=product&id=VS3
$136.68?! :o
[Insert Signature Here]

Return to “Instruments”