VX7 - TAKE IT FREE ! ... until it stops

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VX7

bailees7irish wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
osiris wrote:Ah, I remember this. I miss VSampler.
Still available V3.5?: http://www.maz-sound.com/index.php?show=product&id=VS3
$136.68?! :o
Yes... because it makes something very rare which worth it... it is able to load the samples of Kontakt™ 1.x !!!
:hihi:

:party:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

A sampler really modern!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Well, I don't know how the rest of you have fared with this, but I just tried it--and just removed it.

It made sounds in Sonar X1--not great sounds mind you--but sounds nonetheless. What it wouldn't do is let me change anything. Everything I tried to change, from the volume to any parameter, would crash BitBridge.

Oh well. Hope anyone else who tries it has better luck.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

BlackWinny wrote: I'm afraid these issues were the tree which hid the forest, and it was certainly a nightmare for the developer...

Probably the reason why the product has never been continued...
Thank you. Such a shame that the developer did not continue with this, It has a lot of potential :(

A little bit OT.
Is anyone able to activate VSampler on Windows 8.1 - 64 bit?
I have my license key as well as the latest version 352a and after a double click on the key it says that the registration of VSampler was succesfull, but unfortunately when I open VSampler it says that it is not registered.
I have some old projects making a lot of use of VSampler that I would really like to open.

I already sent an E-Mail to MAZ but never received an answer :(

Best regards
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

Maomoondog wrote:
BlackWinny wrote: I'm afraid these issues were the tree which hid the forest, and it was certainly a nightmare for the developer...

Probably the reason why the product has never been continued...
Thank you. Such a shame that the developer did not continue with this, It has a lot of potential :(
There is also another reason (in my opinion): while the developer of VX7 was struggling to create this tool with the idea to sell it between $50 and $75 (he stated "around $50" in his "register.htm" during the developments of the beta version)... Native Instrument suddenly released FM7 in March 2002 at the general surprise of everybody, allowing suddenly crowds of musicians to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the DX7 in March 2003 the next year. It was not sold at the same price, of course ($150, so between two times and three times the price but it had been at half price for a long time, so the same price intended of VX7), but the product was already awesome and got immediately a huge celebrity in reason of all its qualities to allow the easy learning of the FM synthesis for everyone by a very simple method of building the patches and a very clever GUI... but also because it allowed access to a huge historic series of all the sysex of the DX7, DX7 II and DX200 (yes!) and their huge collections of patches made during years and years for these legendary synths. For the guy at SpeedSoft who was struggling to fix all the bugs of his VX7 and with a small GUI less thought, it has been the "coup de grâce", the immediate nightmare... and he stopped the developments exactly the same month and never outed another beta version, the last one being dated at December 2001, and his last relations with the users for VX7 being in April 2002, just a few days after the launch of FM7.

For him, it was the end of the story. For Native Instruments, it was the beginning of a new legend.

teacue wrote:A little bit OT.
I have my license key as well as the latest version 352a and after a double click on the key it says that the registration of VSampler was succesfull, but unfortunately when I open VSampler it says that it is not registered.
I have some old projects making a lot of use of VSampler that I would really like to open.

Best regards
Have you tried to reenter your code but this time after having launched the sampler as Administrator? Just for this time. I suspect an operation in write in the Registry when registering.

@BlackWhinny.
Thank you for a very interesting insight and a bit of history behind the VX7. I guess it is another case of an underdog beaten to it by a major player? It would have been good if Speedsoft continued development even if it was to be sold at a smaller price, but as you mention, the FM7 was far more advanced and developed. A pity.

Again thanks for the history :)

Maomoondog wrote:@BlackWhinny
:uhuhuh:
Sometimes I'm a winner... but never a whiner.Image

:oops:
I really should learn to read BlackWinny. Image

BlackWinny wrote:
teacue wrote:A little bit OT.

Best regards
Have you tried to reenter your code but this time after having launched the sampler as Administrator? Just for this time. I suspect an operation in write in the Registry when registering.
Thanks a lot for your answer.
I did what you suggest and after a lot of trial and error it worked :)
But it worked first only for the standalone version!
After trying several things I could finally get the vst also registered.
Donc un très grand merci :)

Best regards
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

Maomoondog wrote::oops:
I really should learn to read BlackWinny. Image
:D

teacue wrote:Donc un très grand merci :)

Best regards
Donc maintenant...
:band2:
ImageImageImageImageImage
:D

BlackWinny wrote: For him, it was the end of the story. For Native Instruments, it was the beginning of a new legend.
Wow :eek: This is eloquence :hihi: You're a poet :)
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
BlackWinny wrote: For him, it was the end of the story. For Native Instruments, it was the beginning of a new legend.
Wow :eek: This is eloquence :hihi: You're a poet :)
:wink:

Return to “Instruments”