once an NI product is registered...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

can it be re-installed without going through the registration procedure again?

i installed Absynth 3 and went through the full registration procedure, so their web site now has that on record and I got the big mess of a machine dependent registrtarion code.

but the standalone didn't work well, so I went back and re-installed it (without uninstalling it) The install wasn't smart enough to know I had already registered an dstill put up the scare box about having to register the product within 3 days.

I'm not exactly sure how this works, but I would think something in the registry on my system would have been recorded when i registered.
How else do people say add the vsti version when they installed the Dxi version etc.?

so on a re-install does one have to go through the registration procedurer again?

Go to NI's site, grab your machine code, use the registration program, put in the machine code. Shouldn't be any more difficult than that.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

It's easy to reregister something on the same machine (apparently the machine IDs are recognized quite well).

If you think you'll be doing similar things more often, better try downloading a registration keyfile. From what I remember this will be valid even in case you uninstall something.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Yes..

The digital id generated for your machine will not have changed unless you have changed hardware components.

So all you have to do is visit your registration page at the NI website,make a note of unlock code generated last time,then enter this in the absynth registration tool.

Cheers
Funk :wink:
The above "words" are the ramblings of a depraved megalomaniac.Any similarity to normal communication is a hallucination on the part of the reader.Replying to this post will result in your family and posessions becoming the property of funkynuts.

thanks all
for the information

looks like I should have followed through last night after all

wrench45us wrote:can it be re-installed without going through the registration procedure again?

i installed Absynth 3 and went through the full registration procedure, so their web site now has that on record and I got the big mess of a machine dependent registrtarion code.

but the standalone didn't work well, so I went back and re-installed it (without uninstalling it) The install wasn't smart enough to know I had already registered an dstill put up the scare box about having to register the product within 3 days.

I'm not exactly sure how this works, but I would think something in the registry on my system would have been recorded when i registered.
How else do people say add the vsti version when they installed the Dxi version etc.?

so on a re-install does one have to go through the registration procedurer again?
I had to do this, and re-registered with no problems. I even had to change the machine ID (rebuilt my PC), so I had to first delete the license from their website, then add it. I dont know if there are limitations to how many times you can change your machine ID though.

good luck!

serge

serge wrote:
wrench45us wrote:can it be re-installed without going through the registration procedure again?

I had to do this, and re-registered with no problems. I even had to change the machine ID (rebuilt my PC), so I had to first delete the license from their website, then add it. I dont know if there are limitations to how many times you can change your machine ID though.

good luck!

serge
There aren't any- as long as you don't have any more than two system IDs active at any given time (you can have it installed on two machines).
Be advised though- once a system ID's been deactivated, it CANNOT be reactivated.
ew
A spectral heretic...

ew wrote:
serge wrote:

good luck!

serge
There aren't any- as long as you don't have any more than two system IDs active at any given time (you can have it installed on two machines).
Be advised though- once a system ID's been deactivated, it CANNOT be reactivated.
ew
I'm assuming then, that a system rebuild will not be able to recreate the same machine ID as one in the past?

serge

serge wrote:I'm assuming then, that a system rebuild will not be able to recreate the same machine ID as one in the past?
That's what they claim.Most new hardware additions won't trigger a new activation request; CPUs, mobos and a new OS drive definitely will, and I'm not sure about more RAM. A reformat/reinstall definitely will (or at least it does for me). New hard drives (besides the one your OS is on), CD/DVD drives and the like won't.
ew
A spectral heretic...

Return to “Instruments”