minimonsta video up at sonic state

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's sooooo sloooow. I can watch like 10 secs every 5 minutes :(

To be honest that video only made me think the Arturia emulation was closer to a Minimoog.

Of course I have to hear it in person and make my own patches to really see.

But still... so far... eh.
LOGAN
--------
MAC G5 DUAL 2.5, POWERCORE PCI, MOTU 828
MAC 12' PB 867, FIREWIRE 410, OXYGEN 8
ABLETON LIVE, REASON, CUBASE SX

LOGAN wrote:To be honest that video only made me think the Arturia emulation was closer to a Minimoog.
It is, in the respect that its very limited.

Kriminal wrote:
LOGAN wrote:To be honest that video only made me think the Arturia emulation was closer to a Minimoog.
It is, in the respect that its very limited.
:hihi:
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

Dont get me wrong I own the Oddity and think its fantastic.

I guess Im a pure-est when it comes to emulations....

I know they worked hard on the monsta and Im not saying I wont check it out in detail... just the video was a bit dull.
LOGAN
--------

LOGAN wrote:Dont get me wrong I own the Oddity and think its fantastic.

I guess Im a pure-est when it comes to emulations....

I know they worked hard on the monsta and Im not saying I wont check it out in detail... just the video was a bit dull.
Listen to the sound demos at the GMedia web site.

LOGAN wrote:I guess Im a pure-est when it comes to emulations....
A contradiction in terms surely?

Anyway, Off the strength of the ImpOSCar I'll definitely be checking this baby out. I was impressed by the modulation options which seem almost limitless! The range of tones the MiniMonsta seems to be capable of was impressive also. Must admit, I was a little confused by the morph octave thing (Sounded good though).

Dogboy73 wrote:
:lol:

Hah yeah....

What I meant was if its an emulation I want it to sound a look as close as possible.

Have you seen they have virtual human models now that Elite and Ford use?
LOGAN
--------

Dogboy73 wrote:

Anyway, Off the strength of the ImpOSCar I'll definitely be checking this baby out. I was impressed by the modulation options which seem almost limitless! The range of tones the MiniMonsta seems to be capable of was impressive also. Must admit, I was a little confused by the morph octave thing (Sounded good though).
The melohman thing is a doddle to program, at its most basic you could just program your lead sound on metapatch slot 1 then an open filter variation on slot two and by flicking between the two presets you get an opening and closing filter albeit with dynamic responce, but by carefull planning of your variations you can get a lot of performance aspects back into vsti's that you used to be able to do on the hardware equivalent, like filter tweaking live without recource to a mouse or specific harware controller as well as some good ones like raising the res while increasing the mod speed and depth over several keys, its really up to the programmer how far he wants to get into the melohman thing but at the heart of it is a bloody good Minimoog emulation that cuts like a bastard thru any mix.

Soundwise minimonster demos are much closer than the arturia moog to the real moogs I remeber.

-bManic

If you manage to get to the end of the video Dave mentions a preset called Tugger Tarnce :lol: nice KvR reference.

Rozzer's in there too. :-)

Dave Blakely wrote:
Dogboy73 wrote:emulation that cuts like a bastard thru any mix.
heh
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Return to “Instruments”