NI Komplete Licence Query

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good day to you, fellow electonic anthropomorphic personifications!

To cut to the chase i,m interested in komplete but i,d like to know if NI allow an install on a second computer as i,d like to use it on my lappy as well as my main DAW.

I currently own Intakt and Reaktor session and know that a second authorisation is possible ,however Komplete is totally differenr beast and i need to be sure of a second authorisation before i buy.

IF any owners could answer this i,d be most greatful.

Thanks for your time

Funk
Last edited by funkynuts on Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The above "words" are the ramblings of a depraved megalomaniac.Any similarity to normal communication is a hallucination on the part of the reader.Replying to this post will result in your family and posessions becoming the property of funkynuts.

You can authorize up to 3 computers actually. They offer a website where you can de-authorize computers as well (for when you upgrade) - it's pretty slick.

The only caveat is that once de-authorized you can't re-authorize that computer.

Go for it!

PPG

Hi,
yes you can.

aaah it's why my reply didn't get in the first time...i posted my reply at 2.05pm also

Cheers Guys!
The above "words" are the ramblings of a depraved megalomaniac.Any similarity to normal communication is a hallucination on the part of the reader.Replying to this post will result in your family and posessions becoming the property of funkynuts.

What I want to know is if one chooses to forgo a year of komplete kare, how does one catch up?

Can you skip every other year purchasing komplete kare and still be able to ultimately get the full line of updated synths when you do? Or will you wind up versions behind on certain synths?

Notron User wrote:What I want to know is if one chooses to forgo a year of komplete kare, how does one catch up?

Can you skip every other year purchasing komplete kare and still be able to ultimately get the full line of updated synths when you do? Or will you wind up versions behind on certain synths?
I don't think anyone really knows the answer to that... There was a Komplete 1 to Komplete 2 bulk upgrade, so there may be a Komplete 2 to Komplete 3 upgrade in 2006.

On the other hand, you can always update bugfixes for free - just not major point-level revisions - so it's not like you're "stuck". All of the tools in Komplete 2 are very good as-is.

For me, Battery2, Kontakt2, and Absynth3 were pretty crucial updates, so I feel like my Komplete Kare $$$ were justified. And if there's another update this year, it'll be like gravy on the cake. or something. ;)

PPG

You are actually only allowed TWO licenses! Don't be confused.

ahja wrote:You are actually only allowed TWO licenses! Don't be confused.
It depends- on a Mac, you're allowed four installs (2 OS9 and 2 OSX). So, theoretically you could have it on FOUR computers if you're a Mac user (but that's stretching the EULA terms a bit).
Otherwise you're correct- it's two.
ew
A spectral heretic...

Thanks for the info.

Return to “Instruments”