VSTi for FX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone know of a Cheap-to-Free VST that's good for making f*cked up effects?

I've used Morpheus for a while now. It's PERFECT for making wierd FX, but I've grown a bit tired of it.

I've also used Gargoyle a bit. It's fun to use, but it simply sounds too synthedity to me.

Thanks,
Chase

Try E-phonic's Invader.

Chase wrote:

I've also used Gargoyle a bit. It's fun to use, but it simply sounds too synthedity to me.

Thanks,
Chase

hehehehehe :hihi:

You bought Tera a while ago if I remember, Chase- that can do some seriously bizarre effects. Just play with the slot machine until you get close, and mangle from there...
ew
A spectral heretic...

ew wrote:You bought Tera a while ago if I remember, Chase- that can do some seriously bizarre effects. Just play with the slot machine until you get close, and mangle from there...
ew
I gave up buying Tera to donate money to my school's tsunami relief fund.

Chase wrote:
ew wrote:You bought Tera a while ago if I remember, Chase- that can do some seriously bizarre effects. Just play with the slot machine until you get close, and mangle from there...
ew
I gave up buying Tera to donate money to my school's tsunami relief fund.
:hail: That's a VERY cool gesture, Chase. :hail:
ew
A spectral heretic...

If you want a synth to make screwy sounds check out these two synths by Psychic Modulation:

http://www.psychicmodulation.com/mentl.html

As for true FX, these should make your day:

http://jackdark.proboards39.com/index.c ... 1107188103

Audiobulb's Sophia is amazing, if you don't mind the CPU hit... not much else like it.

dystonia_ek wrote:Audiobulb's Sophia is amazing, if you don't mind the CPU hit... not much else like it.
pssst! Can you be silent about Sophia please? I'm trying to keep that one low key..

dystonia_ek wrote:Audiobulb's Sophia is amazing, if you don't mind the CPU hit... not much else like it.
Can you find the synth page? It's an awesome site, but I can find any plug-ins.

EDIT- Nevermind. It's under "create". :dog:

Gargoyle is good, but I have also found that too many Synth Edit synths sound the same after you screw with them enough. otherwise I'd also recommend the Vurts (Vurtbox and Mini-Vurt). I've been using Morpheus to make really f**ked drone sounds (almost exclusively for the A Deep, Dark Place samples linked below).

some other good ones that I've found recently are the ones by Tiny God. I haven't had a chance to delve into them completely (heaven help us when I do), but my initial response is sheer giddiness. also Pandemonium and, of course, TobyBear's Sick Synth.

all of these get my stamp of approval for making f**ked up sounds.
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

hit arc dev noise industries 8)

dystonia_ek Audiobulb's Sophia is amazing, if you don't mind the CPU hit... not much else like it.

Unfortunately I found that it caused Chainer to blow up.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Oh yeah, there was this thing called vurtbox...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

cosmogirl 2

Return to “Instruments”