Any views on NI Electronic Instruments 2 XT?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Demos sound good but what's the usability, sound variety and CPU usage like?

I have electronic instr.2 and I must say that it has blown me away! If you are creating experimental music I think that you would be amazed of the sounds and the modulations that every essemble comes with. It's a bit hard at first because everything it's so complicated but when you get to be familiar with it I am sure that you will enjoy it as the variety of sounds that you can create is something else.

As for CPU load everything is ok but don't expect to have loaded 6 vst's and them open the Metaphysical Function essemble...then things are getting a bit nasty as it uses 25% or more of CPU. I have an AthlonXP 2600+ 1 GB Ram. Almost any other essemble of electronic instr.2 need a reasonable amount of CPU.

Synths are great, Krypt is a hardcore loop fx with fantastic results and Metaphysical Function is something you have to see (and listen) to understand what I am talking about...Superb.

dead

havent had much "luck" with metaphysical function myself. How do you use it?

It kinda always seems like its using me!

The other ensembles are fantastic though.
Not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good

Turn every modulation off. Write some midi notes. Now you have your midi part played with a "regular" pad/synth. Add one effect at a time to see what results you get. I cannot really think of any other advises because every preset when you deactivate modulations give you another synth. So, play with it and I believe you can achive getting something (I don't really know what!) out of it!

Deadmichaelp, is there a healthy number of presets included? I will hopefully create my own but I do like a good starting point!

A lot of presets! It's highyly recommended!!!

EIv2 is astounding. Photone and MF are worth the price alone. Akkord is great, and KRYPT's become the first thing I turn to for drums. Limelite's been praised enough around here. Resochord is wonderful (try throwing it on vocals), Cyan's a great chorus, and FastFX is a great way to totally mangle something beyond all recognition :)

By the way, I put up a small MF bank a while back. If you missed it the first time, you can get it here.

ew
A spectral heretic...

i completely LUVE EI2!
tho.. i cant really get my finger on the Krypt. everything else i play with daily. :D

i have tried making stuff with Krypt tho, but can not really understand how to use it. for me it just sounds like random f**ked up things? :hihi:

what i turn to, for drum editing, is Fast FX. it can do a LOT of things to a regular little drumloop, or what ever u wanna use with it. :)

EI 2 is a great package. I think Photone sounds fantastic. :love: Also, additional patches are available for various ensembles when you register with NI and get the updates.

(Thank you ew for the MF bank) :)

Return to “Instruments”