Voluntary license transfer fees

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As far as I read it, software sold in the EU must be transferable _by_ _law_.

(Yes, I've even read the EU directive which states this ;)

Martin

Markleford wrote:
loomchild wrote:If you think the price of software is too low, or that transfer fees are too low too, feel free to send the devs a little extra in cash.
Erm, I think that was his point.

It's not a matter of "paying more than you should", but rather "giving the dev what you think HE deserves".
Exactly! Being a developer myself, this is something I have strong feelings about. I work for a large corporation, so I don't rely directly on license sales to make a living, but there are plenty of those who do, and that is where I would like to chip in. I guess it is a "brothers in arms" kind of thing.
helge

HELP! MY TYPEWRITER IS BROKEN!
E E CUMMINGS

loomchild wrote:Why are there people here who want to pay MORE than they should?
Maybe I just want to pay more than YOU think I should. There's a lot more to life than money. If you don't see that, nothing I say will convince you otherwise.
loomchild wrote: If you think the price of software is too low, or that transfer fees are too low too, feel free to send the devs a little extra in cash.
Just did so two days ago for Jon at ConcreteFX. And he was also one of the ones I bought extra synths from after a transfer. Thanks for giving me permission to spend my money as you (and presumably I) see fit, though.
Regards, Mike

Return to “Instruments”