Detroit Techno Piano VSTi

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone have an idea which VSTi can produce this
piano sound

very common in late eighties / early nineties detroit techno. don't know which hardware was responsible in the first place for this superb sound (maybe the d-50?)

thanks in advance !!

billy.
Last edited by Billy Brown on Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

sounds like a M1-piano...

FM?

Try out the FM7 or any of the freeware FM synths, and add a bit of reverb and compression.

Also check out MDA piano.

All in the quick links on the right hand side
Phil

"The fool who persists in his folly will become wise" - William Blake
*No more band for me* | **My Host**

From Korg? If so, is there a VSTi where i can get this sound from? Or maybe a sample set for sampler?

I've tried various things. I've tried to get it out of EVE but no results.

From Korg? If so, is there a VSTi where i can get this sound from? Or maybe a sample set for sampler?

I've tried various things. I've tried to get it out of EVE but no results.

that's a cool tune!

any sampler with a few samples of that pianotype sound could recreate it...I think that there are some in the Reason library...perhaps also in the used to be available e-lab sample sets...other than that, try to take a piano chord and don't multisample it...should give the correct tonality when playing.

double post...feckin slow server....

there's definitely a multisampled M1 piano floating around out there. i haven't got it, but I know people who have used it.

It really shouldn't be too hard to get a similar sound with FM7 and some processing. Of course, to get it to sound anything like the clip you have to play chords, not single notes.

Sure it's a Korg M1.

google some M1 soundfont.

I've tried FM but no luck either... I'll check out the MDA and I'm looking for M1 Piano samples in .wav ..; i've heard a mp3 preview of the M1 and i think it's pretty close. if anyone has a preset for a vsti ... much appreciated :)

if not... if i ever get it right i'll post a link to the samples and/or preset here. a joint effort where everybody wins and gets that cool piano sound :wink:

Rusty Shackleford wrote: It really shouldn't be too hard to get a similar sound with FM7 and some processing. Of course, to get it to sound anything like the clip you have to play chords, not single notes.
I think it is impossible to get such a sound from any fm-synth - fm pianos always sound like erm... - well like fm e-pianos while this one is clearly sample-based... :?

actually you can get a similar enough sound from the mda-piano b.t.w. :)

jens wrote:actually you can get a similar enough sound from the mda-piano b.t.w. :)
Got a similar sound with it and a classic compression and reverb just before posting first time here :)

Bit difficult to play chords using trollo mind :wink:
Phil

f**k the server :x :x
Phil

"cult sampler" from best service has such sounds. and the kompakt "free" version that was included in some magazines(keys,...).

Return to “Instruments”