New additive synth - Check it out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Alex,

I'm impressed, although I've never met a additive synth I didn't like.

I've sent you an email, if you have a chance please hae a look.

Congratulations on an excellent job,

Bruce
http://www.musicfaq.net
Reviews http://www.musicfaq.net
Selected tracks from new album TRAUMA :
http://netnewmusic.ning.com/profile/BSatinover

Well as it doesn't work in Traktion, EnergyXT, FLStudio and Muzys there's probably not much point in me downloading it at this stage.

However, just a comment.

I like that you're trying to make the editing of sounds simple. Those Morpher Bowls sound like a great idea.

The GUI altogether looks a bit yuck and a little too spaced out - you could probably condense it a little without losing its usability.

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Ok...it's working fine in Nuendo....

Sat and played with it a bit....the interface is generally painful IMO. sorry. not trying to be offensive....it just doesn't inspire me...and it's very distracting and a bit of a bitch to figure out.
reading the manual would solve this i'm sure...but as far as beginner accessability goes, doesn't rate high.

It sound ok....i don't know though...I think compared to the ones i have and what i paid for them...just couldn't justify purchasing this one.

peace! 8)
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

Works perfectly in Aodix.

Still is a bit draft work, but seems going in a nice direction, the problem in terms of competence, is that we have both WNA Dopplemanger (best and most useable additive synthesizer at the moment imho) and my beloved Vertigo.

Ok guys I've been working hard in response to your feedback.
I have traced the bug that was causing the GUI to fail in certain hosts - An updated version of the demo is now up on the website:
http://www.progressaudio.co.uk/Soup/SoupDEMOSetup.exe
I have tested this with the demos of Tracktion, Fruity Loops 5 and EnergyXT and it works for me. I couldn't get hold of a copy of Muzys to try.

Since a lot of you were not keen on the price, I am thinking of running a special offer for a limited time at a low price.. I'll keep you posted, watch this space!

I think it would be great to get people using the synth, and then set something up where people can submit new patches that they've made, which will then be freely available for all to download.

AGounaro wrote:Ok guys I've been working hard in response to your feedback.
I have traced the bug that was causing the GUI to fail in certain hosts - An updated version of the demo is now up on the website
Works fine here in Tracktion and EnergyXT
CubaseStudio4 µTonic/Rapture Nitro/GS-201/Ohmicide/TBK 1&3

AGounaro wrote:Ok guys I've been working hard in response to your feedback.
I have traced the bug that was causing the GUI to fail in certain hosts - An updated version of the demo is now up on the website:
http://www.progressaudio.co.uk/Soup/SoupDEMOSetup.exe
I have tested this with the demos of Tracktion, Fruity Loops 5 and EnergyXT and it works for me. I couldn't get hold of a copy of Muzys to try.

Since a lot of you were not keen on the price, I am thinking of running a special offer for a limited time at a low price.. I'll keep you posted, watch this space!

I think it would be great to get people using the synth, and then set something up where people can submit new patches that they've made, which will then be freely available for all to download.
Hey Alex, great news! Thanks for addressing the FL Studio bug quickly, tried it, and this works great now!

I took a look, and the synth is quite capable. I've emailed you with some more feedback. This seems like quite a powerful synth, and the extra patch work will surely demonstrate it.

Best of luck!

serge

If it were me I'd find someone willing to make a nice set of presets for a free copy or something along those lines instead of waiting for somebody to buy it in it's current state. Just my 2 cents. ;)

Well, haven't tried the demo so far, but the demo MP3s left me unimpressed, to say the least.

You should defenitely get some preset/demo designers on board.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Sascha Franck wrote:Well, haven't tried the demo so far, but the demo MP3s left me unimpressed, to say the least.

He does. They'll be coming in the next weeks. :wink:
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

Sascha Franck wrote:Well, haven't tried the demo so far, but the demo MP3s left me unimpressed, to say the least.

I was unimpressed with the mp3s myself. However, the demo is lots of fun, and sounds quite good.The way the morph window's xy pads and envelopes work is very logical, and the ability to morph between more than four sounds gives it a leg up on some of the competition.
It's still shaky in some respects, but it shows lots of promise.
ew
A spectral heretic...

Return to “Instruments”