looking for delicate 'dreaming' sounds

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all mates! 8)

i'm working on some delicate (nu)jazzy tunes for third parts
and i need some fundamental instruments to arrange these tracks
like Xylophone (in particular), Vibraphone, Marimaba and Glockenspiel, .. and everything than can procuce some "dreaming" sound

can You help me ? :hyper: thanks! :wink:

I'd try to find some soundfonts of those instruments. Hammersound has a section of chromatic percussion.

If you want more editability, maybe an FM synth like Vivaldi MX could be useful.

Try the flute on Tapeworm (mellotron VSTi).
http://www.tweakbench.com/instruments.php?id=6
(although the one I'm using must be an older version).
Put some reverb on and it's pretty dreamy IMHO.

databass wrote:Hi all mates! 8)

i'm working on some delicate (nu)jazzy tunes for third parts
and i need some fundamental instruments to arrange these tracks
like Xylophone (in particular), Vibraphone, Marimaba and Glockenspiel, .. and everything than can procuce some "dreaming" sound

can You help me ? :hyper: thanks! :wink:
You could try super string thing - capable of chimes flutes, all manner of plucked instruments, strings and etherial sounds - just tweak it and see...

you can download a demo from www.simple-media.co.uk
Have a better one - Saul Cross :-)

thanks for the answers!

surely i will try that you have advised to me 8)

if You have more please dont hesitate

thanks again

cheers! :wink:

hola!

i've tried lots of instrumenst the last days
the most close to my needs seems to be "xotica" by xoxos
it can procuce some lovely belly sounds! it's very unique on its own way!
:love:
thank you very much xoxos for making this available!
i will love to see further improvements on this gem!

also "Papaya" from tweakabench is quite nice for those mallet and chimes sounds!

please developer .. more instruments like these!
(for example a dedicated xylophone vsti, that seems to be unreleased yet).. thanks!

cheers! 8)

Part of the YAVA2 package is BEL which is specifically designed to do Bell & chime tones with the advantage of the envelopes being able to be used for long attack, slow release non-bell like tones as well (sounds more like an additive in those cases!)

I posted an example of its sounds here:
http://www.krakli.co.uk/music/bels.mp3

Here you can hear it doing Chimes, Hand bells and Cow bells :-o ??!!

Tassman does a really good job of these sounds, although it may be more than you're looking for.
Image Image

databass wrote:hola!

also "Papaya" from tweakabench is quite nice for those mallet and chimes sounds!

(for example a dedicated xylophone vsti, that seems to be unreleased yet).. thanks!

cheers! 8)
Percevere with Super String Thing and you can make some really authentic sounding gamelan and bell like instruments, as well as the guitars, flutes, strings and more esoteric sounds it can produce - if you didn't try it yet then give it a go - http://www.simple-media.co.uk/music/vsti/vsti.htm

Of more interest to you I suspect though is that I also have a physically modelled 'mallet' tuned percussion synth in development, but I don't want to release it for free and still need to finish it, skin it and get some permission from David Haupt and the guy at Elogoxa, before I can put it for sale (if I do it will be very cheap - £7.50). So if you are interested let me know on here and anybody else who is interested should say so here too, who knows I made speed up the development. BTW it does produce extremely realistic marimba, kalimba, glockenspiel, xylophone and vibraphone sounds, plus bells, bottle flutes and some more ethereal sounds.

saulc12 wrote:
databass wrote:hola!

cheers! 8)
Percevere with Super String Thing and you can make some really authentic sounding gamelan and bell like instruments, as well as the guitars, flutes, strings and more esoteric sounds it can produce - if you didn't try it yet then give it a go - http://www.simple-media.co.uk/music/vsti/vsti.htm

Of more interest to you I suspect though is that I also have a physically modelled 'mallet' tuned percussion synth in development, but I don't want to release it for free and still need to finish it, skin it and get some permission from David Haupt and the guy at Elogoxa, before I can put it for sale (if I do it will be very cheap - £7.50). So if you are interested let me know on here and anybody else who is interested should say so here too, who knows I made speed up the development. BTW it does produce extremely realistic marimba, kalimba, glockenspiel, xylophone and vibraphone sounds, plus bells, bottle flutes and some more ethereal sounds.
I will be putting up a demo of Mallet Man soon - but I am only going to make the full version available to people who have purchased Super String Thing (as a bonus) - I will let you know when it is on.

Some of the optimization improvements in SST are done now too and hopefully I will be posting an updated demo soon and making the update available to buyers of the full version as a free update.

Return to “Instruments”