anybody tried richard brooks synths ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anybody tried Richard Brook's synths?

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/syn ... ojects.htm

When playing high notes the sound seems to sound a bit rough, is that because of aliasing or is it just the oscillators?
What do you thing about the overall sound quality and authenticity (when compared with the real instruments)?

No. But his names aren't too original :?

ur a hater
i LOVE the name RELAXOTRON
sounds like something sleezy from teh 70s
but aLL the other names are copies

JonathanDragonDJ wrote:ur a hater
i LOVE the name RELAXOTRON
sounds like something sleezy from teh 70s
but aLL the other names are copies
Hater? no -- it's just that there's been a lot of troubles for some developers with names 'very similar,' let alone exact names of real synths.

I really like his VSC5 clone and made a bank for it

http://www.patcharena.com/PAPatches5/VCS5_TC_1.zip

TC

gotta put on the labcoat when you are tweaking the VCS5! :D

http://www.setai-transmedia.com/mp3s/qu ... pendix.mp3

Do you all think, his creations are acurate emulations?

i don't think so...

they need some more improvements in my opinion.
and in few examples the values (when you turn the knob) are not really visible.
although the overall idea is nice and i don't mind the names :)
Kontort

don't know where my thread
"Don't forget about Richard Brooks"
is gone :?

but his

EMS Studios Synthi AKS
EMS Studios VCS

received good ratings.

there are only a view topemulations
on the market.

you can try the brooks synth
for free and decide how they'll fit.

:hihi:

Hi--

I downloaded these synths a few weeks ago. Like anything, your familiarity with synth programming, the style of music you produce, and what you are looking for out of a synth are going to determine whether you like these synths or not. The only thing I can say is that the VCS, the AKS, and the N-synth are the only ones that are compiled on his site. The other synths require you to open them in SynthEdit.

If you are into noise music (Merzbow comes to mind since he used the hardware versions of these synths) or are trying to re-create the 70's sound of Floyd and others, you should be able to get some mileage out of them. The presets are pretty limited, but if you understand synthesis, you shouldn't have a problem designing your own. I don't think you can automate the parameters, unfortunately (I can't in FL 3.5). In terms of sound, I think they do all right. As others have suggested, the GUI is true to the originals, but it is hard to see most of the values.

I am a big fan of his ems clones, and also his ARP 2600 is nice, but it needs to be 'finished' by some enterprising youn man or woman - ie, get the patching working. Very easy with Synth edit and the new submodules. :) come on, someone with more time than me.... you know you want to do it!!! :D
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

Return to “Instruments”