Got eye candy for you!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well... it might have been harsh, but I agree with Hitman's analysis. The GUIs are too bubbly and each has its own peculiar assortment of garish colors. While I generally prefer hardware-style GUIs, these are not pleasant to look at.

I also find Galloneer's reaction to criticism lacking. Despite posting this thread, it doesn't seem like he's much interested in feedback.

jzero wrote:Well... it might have been harsh, but I agree with Hitman's analysis. The GUIs are too bubbly and each has its own peculiar assortment of garish colors. While I generally prefer hardware-style GUIs, these are not pleasant to look at.

I also find Galloneer's reaction to criticism lacking. Despite posting this thread, it doesn't seem like he's much interested in feedback.
Man I really am interested in feedback, but feedback in particualar. If you tell me that it is complete shit than I do not know how we can arrange a thing out :?

You don't have a practical suggestion?

Beside it was not hitmans ..eeh .. analysis but somas I think.

And what reaction do you mean in particular.

I really do respect your opinion and if you hand me over the 499€ for the special design I make you the gui you dreamt of. I promise :)

So I just post in the last usefull content again just not to loose it.

-have a nice day

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi Caleb,

No there is no music theory involved (I spare this for the next version and another secret project). Transpositions are of linear geometric nature. So the Semitone version. But:

It is so flexible that you can build it on your own. For instance take chord x and store it as a phrase. than map it on keyboards key a1. Than take the 1st inversion, save as a phrase again and map it to key a2. Repeat this for all inversions etc.

Now you could play chords on you keyboard with the basenote of the pressed key. If you want to change the inversion press the mapped key a1..an. Thats it Cool

You can do this also with with very small parts of fast repeating sequences like strumming the six strings of a guitar or harp.

Many experimental things are also possible. if you like use it as a MIDI gater for elektronica, trance type stuff.

Or you can try overbombing your instrument with the cannon like playing of complex polyphonic phrases. The outcome can be very interesting depending on instrument and loaded patch. this can cause heavenly ambient textures or spaced out rythmical patterns.

You will see that this tool screams for experimenting. Experimental composition of different type of phrases with different type of playing on different kind of instruments with different patches.

At the other hand the songwriting.

For example make a baseline and 4 variations. Map them on different keys to trigger. Play transposed baselines and switch throug the variants.

You can make this with melodies or chord progressions.

You play the phrase as long as you press the key. You can make variations with partially playing.

Change tempo.

Engage the loop mode where the phrase starts againg on ending if you still hold down your key.

There is also a mode for random playing. Where every pressed key start a random phrase.

And a cyclic playing: where every played note starts the next phrase from the phrase list.

Where the rules of transposing will be applied on every item mentioned before.

You can even play your keyboard part in the concert by pressing an overall of 30-50 keys at the intervall of 20 sec. Thats stress free gigging. Wink

As mentioned before I put a link on the manual later this night.

-cheers
Last edited by Galleoneer on Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

edited...

Here the link for the help file:

http://www.galleoneer.com/manual.txt

Read this by looking at one of the several screenshots.

Needless to say that it has one million or more spelling errors.

:)

Galleoneer wrote:Here the link for the help file:

hi Galleoneer
will the tempo be automable if not in sync with host?

hjack wrote:
Galleoneer wrote:Here the link for the help file:

hi Galleoneer
will the tempo be automable if not in sync with host?
hi hjack, sure :wink:

Galleoneer wrote:hi hjack, sure :wink:
ow that is great, meaning we'll be able to automate Phrasemaster tempos without screwing others!

hjack wrote:
Galleoneer wrote:hi hjack, sure :wink:
ow that is great, meaning we'll be able to automate Phrasemaster tempos without screwing others!
jepp :D

Hi friends,

this thread seems to be finished somehow. Well, at least I got what I needed ... Your feedback. Thanks for your generous help :) I'll take the aluminium skin for default as voted. Now, its time for me to continue the development/testing procedure.

I would also thank for the critics and express my regret for the few awkward moments in the discussion. :shrug:

I may start a thread later on beta testing and other issues but for now thank you all :D

-peace

Return to “Instruments”