Got eye candy for you!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I also think the 50's cadilac style is pretty cool!

no one could say it wasn't original.

dw

I know it's all fun talking about which GUI and everything but as this topic has already veered violently off course - can I keep it off course by asking questions about the functionality?

I see that this is like a VST plug-in and host and that you can use midi files of any complexity as phrases and you can transpose them on the fly!

Also the phrases are polyphonic so that you can trigger multiple phrases and presumably transpose all on the fly as well.

Can you describe the transposing functionality a little more? Are we talking about everything being transposed up a semitone or are we talking about chord progression/inversion operations?

This sounds like a really good song construction tool if this is the case, so I'm quite happy for you to ellaborate as much as you'd like to on how this thing is going to work.

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

This sounds like a really good song construction tool if this is the case, so I'm quite happy for you to ellaborate as much as you'd like to on how this thing is going to work.
me too!

dw

good morning everybody! :-)

I just read through the mess I helped to create!

Hitman I'm sorry! I didn't want to hurt your feelings I just wanted you to stfu! :(

I always feel bad when I realize that I hurt someone elses feelings and I think I nonetheless do it far too often here on kvr - in real life I have social skills which make it usually unneccessary for me to become nasty (prevent me from becoming nasty) in situations like this one but sadly an internet forum seems a whole lot different in this regard and I haven't found out yet what this difference exactly is. :? :oops:

Nonetheless I can also understand Donovan very good who prefers to continue his route towards you. ;-)

(still lmao about the nasty bell curve :hihi: :oops:)

The points which weren't so nice about your first post have already been mentioned and you agreed so there's no point for me in repeating that.

But just let me say that I not only considered your first post in this thread rude but also agressive so Imo you were the one who started the agressiveness. :wink:

Anyway: Peace! :)

Oh, one thing just crossed my mind:

Our beloved little capital slowly but surely seems to become also the capital of vst/digital music production:

Urs Heckmann, Sascha Eversmeier(Digitalfishphones)/Magix, NI, Sonicfire(Prodyon) and now you, Mr. Galloneer! :D

jens wrote:Oh, one thing just crossed my mind:

Our beloved little capital slowly but surely seems to become also the capital of vst/digital music production:

Urs Heckmann, Sascha Eversmeier(Digitalfishphones)/Magix, NI, Sonicfire(Prodyon) and now you, Mr. Galloneer! :D
thanks for mentioning my name with these legends. but I have to proove it first I guess. :oops: :)

hi there dusted, caleb, jens,

dusted wich one was the 50s thing?

I'll try to answer all of your questions guys. But I must leave for a 5-6 hours. So I answer your questions best when I return.

Besides I managed to write the manual V0.5(its short and full of miss-spelling). But the manuall compared with screenshot reveals everything. Tonight I'll pass it over to you.

I also should make some sound examples and maybe some video tutorials aswell. But that could take a few weeks.

Thanks for the support. I love you all

:love:

-peace

My vote goes for the aluminum... Or the red one if you promise to include a pair of fuzzy dice somewhere in the GUI!

This thread has become absolutely ridiculous due to the meanderings of a few... Sometimes it makes me embarrassed to call myself a member. :roll:

I bet you were not expecting 7 pages of this when you first posted the question huh Galleoneer?

BTW... Jens... It is said 'stupider' not 'more stupid'... More and most appear before adjectives with three or more sylables, while the suffixes -er and -est are put onto adjectives with two or less sylables... Damnn... I knew dating an english teacher would prove to be useful someday! :lol:

advaya wrote: BTW... Jens... It is said 'stupider' not 'more stupid'... More and most appear before adjectives with three or more sylables, while the suffixes -er and -est are put onto adjectives with two or less sylables... Damnn... I knew dating an english teacher would prove to be useful someday! :lol:
I bet Greg (Lunch Money) would already have corrected me if you were right (as he is an english teacher as well). ;-)

However you're wrong:

http://abcasiapacific.com/englishbites/ ... lative.htm

http://www.icbeusjc.com.br/plantao/adje ... tives.html

:P

jens wrote:
advaya wrote: BTW... Jens... It is said 'stupider' not 'more stupid'... More and most appear before adjectives with three or more sylables, while the suffixes -er and -est are put onto adjectives with two or less sylables... Damnn... I knew dating an english teacher would prove to be useful someday! :lol:
I bet Greg (Lunch Money) would already have corrected me if you were right (as he is an english teacher as well). ;-)

However you're wrong:

http://abcasiapacific.com/englishbites/ ... lative.htm

http://www.icbeusjc.com.br/plantao/adje ... tives.html

:P
Ahhh the ambiguities of this english language of ours. :( Oh well... I never use the word stupid, stupider, more stupid any way... Why beat around the bush when the phrase 'dumb ass' seems to work well in most instances...

I guess maybe the jury is still out on this one though... typing 'stupider' into dictionary.com yields some interesting results! :D

BTW... I hope either of us isn't taking this bit 'o banter too seriously! Just some mindless monday morning fun at this end!

Cheers.

advaya wrote: BTW... I hope either of us isn't taking this bit 'o banter too seriously! Just some mindless monday morning fun at this end!

Cheers.
sure! :-D (monday afternoon here but still... ;-))

Caleb wrote:
Can you describe the transposing functionality a little more? Are we talking about everything being transposed up a semitone or are we talking about chord progression/inversion operations?

Caleb
Hi Caleb,

No there is no music theory involved (I spare this for the next version and another secret project). Transpositions are of linear geometric nature. So the Semitone version. But:

It is so flexible that you can build it on your own. For instance take chord x and store it as a phrase. than map it on keyboards key a1. Than take the 1st inversion, save as a phrase again and map it to key a2. Repeat this for all inversions etc.

Now you could play chords on you keyboard with the basenote of the pressed key. If you want to change the inversion press the mapped key a1..an. Thats it 8)

You can do this also with with very small parts of fast repeating sequences like strumming the six strings of a guitar or harp.

Many experimental things are also possible. if you like use it as a MIDI gater for elektronica, trance type stuff.

Or you can try overbombing your instrument with the cannon like playing of complex polyphonic phrases. The outcome can be very interesting depending on instrument and loaded patch. this can cause heavenly ambient textures or spaced out rythmical patterns.

You will see that this tool screams for experimenting. Experimental composition of different type of phrases with different type of playing on different kind of instruments with different patches.

At the other hand the songwriting.

For example make a baseline and 4 variations. Map them on different keys to trigger. Play transposed baselines and switch throug the variants.

You can make this with melodies or chord progressions.

You play the phrase as long as you press the key. You can make variations with partially playing.

Change tempo.

Engage the loop mode where the phrase starts againg on ending if you still hold down your key.

There is also a mode for random playing. Where every pressed key start a random phrase.

And a cyclic playing: where every played note starts the next phrase from the phrase list.

Where the rules of transposing will be applied on every item mentioned before.

You can even play your keyboard part in the concert by pressing an overall of 30-50 keys at the intervall of 20 sec. Thats stress free gigging. :wink:

As mentioned before I put a link on the manual later this night.

-cheers :D

advaya wrote: I bet you were not expecting 7 pages of this when you first posted the question huh Galleoneer?
:hihi: No but i am imune to the unexpected because this isn't the first unexpected thing in my life :hihi:

advaya wrote: I bet you were not expecting 7 pages of this when you first posted the question huh Galleoneer?
:hihi: No but i am imune to the unexpected because this isn't the first unexpected thing in my life :hihi:

<insert obvious comment here>

Return to “Instruments”