Waldorf Attack makes nasty noise :(

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I got my first Cubase VST (before that I've used cubase 2.? midi only) one of my favourite VSTi was defenetly the attack from waldorf. I hardly never felt I needed any other drum machine.
Now I have updated to cubase sx2 and have a real problem with the attack. I produces a noise that sounds like a sapmle incompability, as if you put bitcrusher on, a tone at the end of note.
I'm so dissapointed. I can't use it at all anymore because of this.
Further more, I can't really blame Steinberg, since the bug also apears with Ableton Live 4.
What can I do...?

/tRasH

it works fine in sx3. are you using the last attack version? 1.2.1?

Im not trying to say anything - but the crack of waldorf attack 1.21 makes horrible noises

and how did you update to sx 2 - it's not available anymore

but 1.21 can be found here - ftp://ftp.pinnaclesys.com/Steinberg/dow ... rf_Attack/

that should solve your problems

enjoy
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

@ericj23
Please excuse my limitations in expressing my self in english.
I use attack 1.0
I should have writen "Now I use..." instead of "Now I've updated..." since I've updated a while ago rather than right now.
But I do share your consern regarding cracked software, and this is not quite the place dicussing such.
I buy all software I use.

ps. your link doesn't work ds.

works for me..

Ok. Link works with ms explorer but not with Mozilla.
(sorry and thanx for the link!)

/tRasH

Hmmm....that crack seems to work fine for me.
Yeah well...I've never heard of you either and I have never once paid for any piece of software. Suckers...

Try to set "old host behaviour" in Cubase options for the Attack plugin, maybe that helps...

Cheers

Toby

www.tobybear.de

I think he means the 'crack' knob in Attack itself..not any sort of cracked software...
I could be wrong of course, but that was my first impression of the comment !!
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

I've just upgraded to SX3, and found that when using Attack (v1.2.0) with multiple outputs I was experiencing some strange flanging type sounds on any other Attack output channel other that channel 1&2 if I had an insert effect, such as a comperssor on Attack channel 1&2.

This was most strange as I thought how can putting an effect on track 1&2 affect track 3&4. After much head scratching and reading this thread I got it nailed.

I switched Attack to old host behaviour, which seemed to work, I then dl'd the 1.2.1 version and that seemed to work witihout the old host behavoir turned on just fine.

so thanks for the info guys. You can't beat a good bit of Waldorf Attack. Plus being able to Compress individual channels is totally invaluable.

Return to “Instruments”