xoxos lets off steam

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

xoxos wrote:??

clue: for conventional 'transwave action' eg. fizmo, use the 'end' control in the leftmost position

this indicates only a single frame/wavecycle is used as the oscillator.

then it will sound like any other digital synthesizer with a single-cycle based rom.

modulating it with an lfo will then sound like a fizmo or other wavetable synth.

this whole 'end' thing is just a fancy bonus to the transwave concept ;)
apparently this goes over my head :? :cry:

Of course I am aware of the 'simple oscillator'-usage as you can see from my post:
but what I don't get is:

1.: why can't I get a wavetable-scan without going through a filter? Or if I can, then how exactly?

2.: why is the pitch-controlled speed of the wavetable scan 'fighting' against the lfo controlled speed when I use a lfo to scan through the waves?
How can I get rid of the pitch-controlled scan?

If I am wrong then please explain me how exactly I am able to achieve a clean tempo-synced wavescan. :?

jens - TURN THE 'END' CONTROL ALL THE WAY TO THE LEFT.

8)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I see, thanks for clearing that up! :-)

It seems I need to get used to the routing-system... ;-)

so that gets rid of the effect you meant (i hope!) if so, thanks.. sort of stuff to put in the manual.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:so that gets rid of the effect you meant (i hope!) if so, thanks.. sort of stuff to put in the manual.
Yes, it does! :-D 8)

I used to have $20, till I had to buy new pants after crapping my old britches badly from reading this news. :-o

:lol: - congrats Xoxos and vurt and all! This looks like a tasty tempting synth indeed! :hihi: Where's the vurt demo's? In the Music Cafe yet?

Those I want to hear! 8)

Bump.

8)

Steam= :love:

f**k ... this thing is EVIL ...

slainte 8) rob

Hehe, it does sound a bit crazy. I'm not buying it though. Oxo will only spend the money on drugs and mind control devices.

well i can't just let it wander around, the city fines.

:hail: :hail: :hail:

I don't think I'll use anything but steam....maybe some drums or something to add to the character.. :love:

come on people.. hurry up and post what you did with this monster. :D this thing is truly exciting. can't wait to hear what you guys did. thank you again xoxos.

mp3 demo? tell you what, i'll sponsor a steam mini contest, because i'm quite fond of this synth and its developer

Rules:

1) I hate you all :evil:

2) Best mp3 gets a free copy of steam, i'm buying

3) Your mp3 is under 2mins long

4) Your mp3 uses ONLY the steam demo, and drums (samples or drumsynth), no other synths allowed. Feel free to use vocals or vox samples though. Multiple instances of steam are OK.

5) You post a link to your mp3 in this thread before midnight EST on sunday march 6. enter as many times as you wish (multiple songs, not multiple links silly)

6) I'll be the sole judge of what the best one is (heh) although i'll weigh xoxos' comments heavily if he chooses to make any

7) If you are selected, you'll have to qualify your entry by providing me the patches you used for steam. And you agree that xoxos can have them too if he wants, and can distribute them with steam if he wants. Likewise he can use your demo song if he wants.

ate) xoxos isn't involved with this contest, and I haven't asked him, so if he doesn't like this, I'm pulling the contest. Sorry. Bitch all you want though.

9) NO CHEATING YOU FOUL BASTARDS
Last edited by mmcgrath on Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well I'm including Steam on a song I'm working on, but the song won't be ready till the end of the month. :?

I -do- think this contest idea is nice though! I have to say, the difference between the mono-free and the poly-buy is a large and quite significant one (come on, these are transwaves)!

Return to “Instruments”