Stylus RMX - xpander or groove control addition for house?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I checked out the Perfection mp3 demos a few weeks ago...they sound awesome! However I downloaded the demo and the plug-in seems like just an 8-track playback device. It works fine, and does a few cool things, but it is nothing like RMX. I bet you could import the rex2 files from Perfection into RMX. That would give you a massive house library.

Pete

zircon wrote:Perhaps it's because house drums are so easy to make?
That's true, but one of the things rmx offers is a certain sound to its beats.
spectrum wrote:I'm wondering if you checked out all of the House-oriented Multi patches in RMX? (The menu on the Mixer Page, not just the Core library elements in the Browser)
You know, I don't think I even realized those existed. Although I have played with making my own multis so to speak. Don't get me wrong, I love rmx and what it offers. You can't fault a guy for wanting more of the stuff he likes, can you? :D

sluggo

Not at all! :)

Yeah....once you've explored the Core Multis and some of techniques I mentioned earlier, I'd highly recommend checking out some of the great House REX libraries out there to expand what RMX can do.

I agree that E-Lab does super great House beats. I believe the Perfection VSTi REX files are encripted in the plug-in and can't be used in RMX. However, you can try some of their previous REX libraries in RMX, which should work really well.

spectrum

I couldn't find any previous REX libraries from E-lab, it looks like they've concentrated on acid, wav and audio in the past. I heard a demo from Nu Directions in House, I'd consider getting that library. Ueberschall have also created some nice house samples, but again I think they are all wav and no REX.

cheers

you can't import the rex files from perfection vst. they are in something like a dat file. you don't get the rex files by it self.. just one huge file like 3GB.. :?

Can I make a little suggestion for those of you looking for house Rex files to use with Stylus RMX...

Loopmaster's brand new CD Funky House Producer features over 1500 samples including Drumloops, Keys, Funky Guitars, Filtered Loops, Live Bass, Synth Bass, Fx and much more in Wav, Rex2 and Reason formats for £39.95/$69.95...

Distributed in the UK by Time+Space :D :roll:
Distributed in the US by Big Fish Audio
Mandy Rayment
Marketing Manager, Time+Space Distribution
http://www.timespace.com

Return to “Instruments”